General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Texas Certificate Of Title - Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Default Texas Certificate Of Title - Question

I just recently purchased an Accord.

In the remark(s) section it says:

REBUILT SALVAGE - ISSUED BY AR

What does this mean? Who is AR?

Old 10-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Default RE: Texas Certificate Of Title - Question

It maybe means the Title is from AR... arkansas? so it mighta been a total from that state.Best thing to do is buy a Carfax for it..U will find out pretty much everything bout the car

Old 10-13-2007, 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord91EXlady

It maybe means the Title is from AR... arkansas? so it mighta been a total from that state.Best thing to do is buy a Carfax for it..U will find out pretty much everything bout the car
It can't be a total. Carfax shows clean title. Nothing shows for Arkansas. The VIN # sticker belongs to where it is suppose to be. This was confirmed by my Insurance Agency too. It is a 2005 model and looks very new. No scratches or anything. Of course I did this research before buying the vehicle.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:38 AM

Consumers and dealers alike are particularly concerned about salvaged vehicles after the ravages of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Many vehicles that were submerged or otherwise damaged in the storm have been totaled by insurance companies. Many of these vehicles are finding their way back onto the market with a "salvage-branded" title. The title is stamped "salvage" to forever indicate the vehicle has been seriously damaged; those that have been repaired to streetworthiness are branded "rebuilt salvage." There is no problem with buying a salvage or rebuilt salvage car, as long as potential purchasers are aware of the status.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:46 AM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord91EXlady

Consumers and dealers alike are particularly concerned about salvaged vehicles after the ravages of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Many vehicles that were submerged or otherwise damaged in the storm have been totaled by insurance companies. Many of these vehicles are finding their way back onto the market with a "salvage-branded" title. The title is stamped "salvage" to forever indicate the vehicle has been seriously damaged; those that have been repaired to streetworthiness are branded "rebuilt salvage." There is no problem with buying a salvage or rebuilt salvage car, as long as potential purchasers are aware of the status.
If you looked at my vehicle. It would look brand new. I have checked the car with a mechanic and it is flawless. Carfax shows Clean Title.
Whats going on? Why is my vehicle labeled as Rebuilt Salvage? Who built it? Who is AR? This means I will not get a good resale value when it comes time to sell?

Old 10-14-2007, 12:50 AM

Call the title bureau and ask them. I work in insurance claims and I can tell you for a FACT that Carfax is not always right. There is no way that title was mistakenly marked salvaged or rebuilt. There is a stack of specific paperwork that insurance companies have to file to get a title "salvaged". they are required to do it by law. Call the title bureau ASAP. They will tell you who submitted the paperwork for the title to be "salvaged."

Old 10-14-2007, 01:51 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

+1

call the issuing agency. they should answer your questions. let us know what you find out!

Old 10-14-2007, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

Call the title bureau and ask them. I work in insurance claims and I can tell you for a FACT that Carfax is not always right. There is no way that title was mistakenly marked salvaged or rebuilt. There is a stack of specific paperwork that insurance companies have to file to get a title "salvaged". they are required to do it by law. Call the title bureau ASAP. They will tell you who submitted the paperwork for the title to be "salvaged."
But how does the buyer like me know since it never showed up in Carfax? Well it is labelled as Rebuilt Salvage issued by AR.
I am happy with this vehicle but what about when its time for me to sell this car? Am I screwed in getting a good return?

Old 10-14-2007, 07:58 PM

How does one make a Rebuilt Salvage make it look like brand new?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Accord Owner

How does one make a Rebuilt Salvage make it look like brand new?
A body shop.
If that title is marked "rebuilt salvage" I GUARANTEE you it was wrecked before. CALL THE TITLE BUREAU IN WHATEVER STATE THE TITLE IS WRITTEN IN.
YES, IT WILL SCREW YOU WHEN YOU TRY TO RESELL IT. IF THE ORIGINAL OWNER TOLD YOU IT WAS NEVER WRECKED YOU NEED TO RETURN THE CAR OR GET SOME OF YOUR MONEY BACK. I ESTIMATE A SALVAGE TITLE REDUCES THE VALUE OF A VEHICLE BY AT LEAST 20%.
Why did you still buy the car when they handed you the title and it said salvage on it?

Quick Reply: Texas Certificate Of Title - Question