General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Texas Certificate Of Title - Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Default RE: Texas Certificate Of Title - Question

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

ORIGINAL: Accord Owner

How does one make a Rebuilt Salvage make it look like brand new?
A body shop.
If that title is marked "rebuilt salvage" I GUARANTEE you it was wrecked before. CALL THE TITLE BUREAU IN WHATEVER STATE THE TITLE IS WRITTEN IN.
YES, IT WILL SCREW YOU WHEN YOU TRY TO RESELL IT. IF THE ORIGINAL OWNER TOLD YOU IT WAS NEVER WRECKED YOU NEED TO RETURN THE CAR OR GET SOME OF YOUR MONEY BACK. I ESTIMATE A SALVAGE TITLE REDUCES THE VALUE OF A VEHICLE BY AT LEAST 20%.
Why did you still buy the car when they handed you the title and it said salvage on it?

They never told me it was Salvaged. He just showed me the Carfax report and it was clean.
I actually got a really good deal on this Accord. I paid well below the blue book value.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

A body shop.
If that title is marked "rebuilt salvage" I GUARANTEE you it was wrecked before. CALL THE TITLE BUREAU IN WHATEVER STATE THE TITLE IS WRITTEN IN.
YES, IT WILL SCREW YOU WHEN YOU TRY TO RESELL IT. IF THE ORIGINAL OWNER TOLD YOU IT WAS NEVER WRECKED YOU NEED TO RETURN THE CAR OR GET SOME OF YOUR MONEY BACK. I ESTIMATE A SALVAGE TITLE REDUCES THE VALUE OF A VEHICLE BY AT LEAST 20%.
Why did you still buy the car when they handed you the title and it said salvage on it?

I actually got a really good deal on this Accord. I paid well below the blue book value.
Yeah,, now you know why ..,,
You should go back and talk to the people that sold you the car , raise some questions and demand some answers..

Old 10-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

(shakes head)

Old 10-14-2007, 11:32 PM

Did the person that sold you the vehicle disclose that the car was salvaged? I know in calif. if that was not disclosed, the buyer has recourse. I sure hope you got a super good deal on that and when you say "well below kelly blue book value" we are talking about a couple thousand below fair value.

Like 00 has said, it looks fine because it went to an auto body place. You would be surprised what those auto body places can do. The only way to know how much damage was really done would be to strip the car down to metal.

So i'm hoping you bought this car not knowing it was salavaged and your state laws allow you to return the vehicle.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:44 AM

ORIGINAL: ckebottle

Did the person that sold you the vehicle disclose that the car was salvaged? I know in calif. if that was not disclosed, the buyer has recourse. I sure hope you got a super good deal on that and when you say "well below kelly blue book value" we are talking about a couple thousand below fair value.

Like 00 has said, it looks fine because it went to an auto body place. You would be surprised what those auto body places can do. The only way to know how much damage was really done would be to strip the car down to metal.

So i'm hoping you bought this car not knowing it was salavaged and your state laws allow you to return the vehicle.

The seller said he will be happy to give me full refund. But the deal is sweet.

I got it about $5 below blue book value. nothing wrong with it. looks flawless. no scratches

Old 10-15-2007, 01:47 AM

the seller is willing to give me full refund for it...but i said no

Old 10-15-2007, 02:27 AM

Dang 5k below blue book? That makes me wonder what happened to the vehicle in order to get that rebuilt salavage. Did the seller tell you what happened to the vehicle?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 AM

Also you asked about AR. I think this might be it

http://www.ar-auto.com/salvage-cars.htm

Old 10-15-2007, 10:04 AM

If you are comfortable with it and paid only about 80% of the blue book value, then I say keep it as long as you realize it is a salvaged vehicle. First, ask the seller why it was salvaged. If the seller won't tell you I would ask for my money back immediately. If the seller does tell you and you don't have a problem with it,get it checked out by a Honda dealer or certified shop and ask them if they think it is safe to drive.
If you paid a penny more then 80% of the blue book value, I would return it for a refund immediately.
Also keep in mind that when you try to sell the car, your return on the sale will be drastically reduced as many people will not touch a salvaged car.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

A body shop.

Yeah,, now you know why ..,,
You should go back and talk to the people that sold you the car , raise some questions and demand some answers..

I did, he does not know what is wrong. This has been checked by his mechanic and my mechanic, it is flawless!

Carfax shows clean record.

Quick Reply: Texas Certificate Of Title - Question