General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Texas Certificate Of Title - Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Default RE: Texas Certificate Of Title - Question

ORIGINAL: ckebottle

Dang 5k below blue book? That makes me wonder what happened to the vehicle in order to get that rebuilt salavage. Did the seller tell you what happened to the vehicle?

The seller does not know. He has a park and sell lot. He probably got it from an Auction. Carfax showed clean.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:59 AM

Call the Texas Title Bureau. Carfax is WRONG. That seller may be lying to you. Anyone trying to sell a car with a salvage title should know why the car is marked salvage. I smell a rat here. I would return the car immediately.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

If you are comfortable with it and paid only about 80% of the blue book value, then I say keep it as long as you realize it is a salvaged vehicle. First, ask the seller why it was salvaged. If the seller won't tell you I would ask for my money back immediately. If the seller does tell you and you don't have a problem with it,get it checked out by a Honda dealer or certified shop and ask them if they think it is safe to drive.
If you paid a penny more then 80% of the blue book value, I would return it for a refund immediately.
Also keep in mind that when you try to sell the car, your return on the sale will be drastically reduced as many people will not touch a salvaged car.

I love the car, its flawless. I will have trouble selling the vehicle. How much value will I lose in 2 years? Seller does not know why it was salvaged. He really does not know. He also said that he will buy my car when it comes times to sell for a depreciation value of $200 per month

Old 10-15-2007, 12:12 PM

Call the Texas Title Bureau. Carfax is WRONG. That seller may be lying to you. Anyone trying to sell a car with a salvage title should know why the car is marked salvage. I smell a rat here. I would return the car immediately.

Ok.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Accord Owner

Ok.
You keep saying carfax is clean...yet you have a rebuilt salvage title on it. I'd trust the title before I would trust a carfax.

Also...when you say the car looks "flawless" is that just the exterior or including the frame? It may look flawless now, but I have a friend who had a lot of body damage to a mustang. He took it to a body/paint place. Car looked absolutely clean when they were done with it. About a year later the paint started bubbling over and he had to go through a bunch snap to get the place to fix it. Seriously though dude, just for your own safety, try and find out what happened to the car. Yeah, that is a real kick butt deal....but shoot....i'd rather spend a extra money to know my car is mechanically safe.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:58 PM

^x2. Or get your money back & avoid the hassle.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Look at the bumpers under the car (not the plastic covers) to see if the impact pistons have marks indicating that they've been compressed. Also look for water marks around the sides of the oil and tranny pans. Stop talking about CARFAX because it is obviously wrong as stated many times. As mentioned, I would not trust the guy that claims that there is no reason for the title to be branded in this way. If you don't agree with everything mentioned on this thread, that is fine, but be aware that you car is marked as having had a major problem and it HAS had a problem. Title issues cannot be faked nor would anyone have any reason to do this.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: Accord Owner

ORIGINAL: ckebottle

Dang 5k below blue book? That makes me wonder what happened to the vehicle in order to get that rebuilt salavage. Did the seller tell you what happened to the vehicle?

The seller does not know. He has a park and sell lot. He probably got it from an Auction. Carfax showed clean.
the seller if FULL OF CRAP,,,,,,,HE IS LYING BIG TIME........
for him to get the title ,, it had to be sold to him as a salvage title as well , \
Tink about it for a second,, why whould he sell it to you with a salvage title if it was sold to him with a clean title ?? ..
He got the car ABSOLUTELY KNOWING that it had a salvage title ,,and he sold it without telling you about it ,,
He is a sly, lying SOB..

Old 10-17-2007, 11:23 AM

I should be able to get a good detail on my vehicle if I call AR?

Old 10-17-2007, 11:56 AM

If it is on a Texas Certificate of Title, call the Texas Title Bureau first. If they do not have information for you, ask them who you need to contact.

Quick Reply: Texas Certificate Of Title - Question