General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Texas Certificate Of Title - Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Default RE: Texas Certificate Of Title - Question

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

If it is on a Texas Certificate of Title, call the Texas Title Bureau first. If they do not have information for you, ask them who you need to contact.
will do that

Old 05-14-2008, 10:18 AM

It's been a while! Let us know how this pans out!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

BTW, $5 below Blue Book is NOT a good deal... It's actually a little more than you probably STILL should have paid, particularly because of the title mishap.

I'd demand more money back.

In Texas, this is completely illegal and termed bait and switch. You were looking for a clean title, and was sold a rebuilt title - classic in the sense of the word if you ask me.

When I bought my Accord the dealer tried doing the same thing to me; the driver-side door had been replaced and it was obvious along the seams. He tried to deny it by showing me a carfax, but I bullied him real bad after I found out he was pulling a different VIN altogether. Unfortunately the correct VIN didn't have anything under the carfax report either - so he got lucky there in terms of PROVIDING me with false info. But after I told him I came looking for a clean title, and it had this damage, I had him by the *****...

Might I ask what part of TX you're from? I too am looking into selling my Accord (eventually, once I get off my ***).

Old 05-14-2008, 11:14 AM

How what pans out?

Old 05-14-2008, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: klrspz

BTW, $5 below Blue Book is NOT a good deal... It's actually a little more than you probably STILL should have paid, particularly because of the title mishap.

I'd demand more money back.

In Texas, this is completely illegal and termed bait and switch. You were looking for a clean title, and was sold a rebuilt title - classic in the sense of the word if you ask me.

When I bought my Accord the dealer tried doing the same thing to me; the driver-side door had been replaced and it was obvious along the seams. He tried to deny it by showing me a carfax, but I bullied him real bad after I found out he was pulling a different VIN altogether. Unfortunately the correct VIN didn't have anything under the carfax report either - so he got lucky there in terms of PROVIDING me with false info. But after I told him I came looking for a clean title, and it had this damage, I had him by the *****...

Might I ask what part of TX you're from? I too am looking into selling my Accord (eventually, once I get off my ***).
Houston and I bought my car from

www.oasisparkandsell.com

Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 AM

I have had no problems so far with this car, almost a year now.....

Old 05-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: Accord Owner

How what pans out?
The whole situation of you're car having something wrong with it and you not knowing it. Did you ever call the Texas Title Bureau?

Old 05-15-2008, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: finch13

ORIGINAL: Accord Owner

How what pans out?
The whole situation of you're car having something wrong with it and you not knowing it. Did you ever call the Texas Title Bureau?
Not yet.......

Old 06-26-2008, 06:35 PM

I called Arkansas and they said that they received the car damaged from Florida. Should I call Florida?

Where else can I get more info? Who rebuilt the vehicle?

Old 06-26-2008, 06:55 PM

wow dude i just read this whole post and to be honest it doesn't look like you really care to much aboutwhat happened to your car, being that it has been so long, so why are you aksing for help again? if it was me, i would have called every person i needed to in one day to find out what happened to a car i had bought. just my two cents

Quick Reply: Texas Certificate Of Title - Question