General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Thinking of buying, 2 to choose from

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:06 AM
spivey
Unregistered
Default RE: Thinking of buying, 2 to choose from

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

ORIGINAL: spivey

So $16K out the door for the 06 wouldn't be unreasonable?
They might not take it, but I'd try.
Heck, $16k plus tax and fees would still be a pretty good deal.

The only thing with me is, I have paid cash every time I bought a car. I've never spent more than 6k on one. Of course, I haven't bought a, actual new car yet. Mine have always been good condition used. The dealers will give you a better deal if you bring a fat wad of $100 bills in there. Then they don't have to worry about financing.
I've never bought new either....I just can't stand the fact you lose something like 30% of the value as soon as you drive off the lot when buying new.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:26 AM

According to KBB good condition Private Party is 18,500 for that car, so I seriously doubt you will get it for 16. If I were buying that car, I would be happy to get it for $19,500 driveout.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:03 AM
spivey
Unregistered

That car has been sitting on the lot for at least a month. I know because I drive by it everyday on the way home from work.

$16K in the bank is better than a car on the lot....

What's the worse they can say? No?

Although I like the car, I am very good at walking away.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:23 PM

That is good information to know. I have used that before in buying a car. I told a manager once that they can sell it to me or sell it to a wholesaler for less. I bought a used maxima from a chevy dealership that way.

A good percentage of the cars that you see on ebay were once trade ins at franchise dealers. They were unable to sell them for the ridiculous retail prices they were asking, so they sell them to wholesalers and brokers. Even then, they do not take a loss on the vehicle since they rape people on trade ins. People who trade cars ineither get ripped off on the trade or ripped off on the purchase price of the new car. I would never trade in a car. The dealership is gonna get their money.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:41 PM
accord_03_exl
Unregistered

totally agree with you! my 03 accord is my fifth honda and first automatic! worst thing i ever did was buy this car in auto! i figured its too big for a manual tranny, till i drove one with it!

Old 03-14-2008, 03:43 PM
accord_03_exl
Unregistered

be careful with the radio's on ex models! dont know about the states but here in canada, alot of accord's have the radio light and cd changer malfunction! .... and not too bad mouth honda .. love their vehicles but will never buy another accord again! motor blew at 165, 000! tensioner went out and screwed all the timing!

Old 03-14-2008, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: accord_03_exl

be careful with the radio's on ex models! dont know about the states but here in canada, alot of accord's have the radio light and cd changer malfunction! .... and not too bad mouth honda .. love their vehicles but will never buy another accord again! motor blew at 165, 000! tensioner went out and screwed all the timing!
There is a recall on the 7th gen radio light and cd player issue. If you take it to Honda they will replace it for free.