General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Default RE: Turbo

i think i read that the model ecu is like FOA or POA something like that so idk if that does anything for anyone but let me know this is suppose to be an accord site so someone should know it lol...its 94 ecu so whatever taht is man

Old 01-20-2008, 09:09 PM

most of the guys on ehre own v6 accords tho. not may ppl buy a accrod to hop it up they are to damn nice. lol

man i love my car. hehe

Old 01-20-2008, 10:54 PM

i see well is there a forum with alot of turbo cars to ask them**POOP** [:'(]or not that you know i just wanan get my to run good thats all

Old 01-23-2008, 08:38 PM

alright does anyone know how much it cost to dyno a car and tune a turbo..if so let me know like a range ....cuz i know it depends on how and what they can do....but yea thanks and what gauges would be best for a turbo...boost a/f ratio oil pressure temp water temp what?

Old 01-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

well you already have a water temp gauge, id go with oil pressure, a/f raio, and boost.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:04 PM

yeah oli preessure boost of course. as far as a/f guage. you will need a wide bad 02 sensor for that you cant just plug one in. so that will cost ya. I f you get it tuned you dont need it as of now.

the way you are talking and asking thses questions. Do you really know what your doing here? Not tryingto be rude either man. I mean thsi is some serious work you will have to do its not just bolt on 100hp and drive it daily.

GTood luck and have fun keep us posted

Old 01-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: 94CFaccord

cant you just use a stock ecu...it may not give you all the horse power or whatever but it shouldnt affect how a turbo runs
May I suggest that you do not continue on the path to turbo your car until you figure out why you can't just use your stock ECU and what exactly is required before you blow your motor up and spend worthless amounts of $$

Old 01-24-2008, 09:37 AM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

ORIGINAL: 94CFaccord

cant you just use a stock ecu...it may not give you all the horse power or whatever but it shouldnt affect how a turbo runs
May I suggest that you do not continue on the path to turbo your car until you figure out why you can't just use your stock ECU and what exactly is required before you blow your motor up and spend worthless amounts of $$
I'd definitely take BCK's advice on this one. I was also heading down the turbo road way too early in my car phase and he made me realize I didn't touch up on research.Do the proper research first, it'll also help you save up on money.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:33 PM

well i dont have a stock ecu but everyone is say get this crome ecu and whatever else and with all the hardware on the ecu is like 1000 so idk what you guys are talking about...and a turbo is kinda a bolt on...just run a few oil lines and get the proper gauges and tune the car...and of course there maybe some complication....

Old 01-24-2008, 07:46 PM

alright but yea...how bout the P28 ecu...for the accord do you need to get the wiring harness conversion kit or will it just plug in...let me know thanks

Quick Reply: Turbo