General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

What is the name of this part and what does it do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 12:51 AM
Default What is the name of this part and what does it do?

Hey guys,

I replaced my Starter Motor today on my 2004 Honda Accord Wagon CLM Chassis & K24A Motor.
During the process as I was putting it all back together again, I came across this plug and the pin that was poking out had snapped off.

I proceeded to put it all back together just to see if it would start and it does, HOWEVER the engine light is now on and I'm pretty sure it is this plug that I couldn't plug it into anything due to the wire had broken off.

Is there anyone who knows what this part is, and what it (and the plug that plugs into it) does? Is it just a sensor or something more important?

I'm holding the plug that it's suppose to plug into and what you're seeing is the face where a male piece that I assume goes into the plug was snapped off.

Any help would be sooooo appreciative. My day was going along so great before this happened.

Kind regards

Cade

Old 06-26-2019, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Looks like the knock sensor.

Your profile says New Zealand - keep in mind that sometimes things are different. In USA we get (supposedly) the same car badged as an Acura TSX & I'll try to look for it. Automatic or manual transmission?

edit...
Auto & manual transmission take the same knock sensor. But we didn't get the wagon here in USA until a year or 2 later. I can't imagine that the wagon takes a different sensor. It's #14 in the picture.

Last edited by JimBlake; 06-26-2019 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:34 PM

Thanks guys, it was indeed the Knock Sensor as you can see here in the pics of me re-attacking my engine bay to get back to it.
Such an easy fix when you know how to remove the engine manifold.

Thanks again.