Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Accord LX Muscle Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Default Accord LX Muscle Car

i love muscle cars no lie...why am i on a honda forum??..cuz i have one and i love em to death...i guess i kinda lied...i dont love muscle cars i just love the way they sound...has anyone heard the Titan V8?? man...thas a sexy noise...i love the car that looks completely harmless until its speeding 30 mph in front of u in a race...thats kinda how i want my honda accord....the only mods i have to my car's name is a flowmaster....im workin on an intake....{hints...upgrades that no one can see...only feel and hear}...i want no body kits or nothin...but does anyone have any ideas of what i can upgrade??? im also working on a cam gear

Old 12-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Accord LX Muscle Car

H22 turbo.........500whp............

Old 12-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Hmmm,mods you can feel,not see.. There is so much things you can do internal to make power besides the basic I.H,E. But the flowmaster is a start i guess?

Old 12-02-2008, 12:56 AM

H22=WHOOP AZZ

Old 12-02-2008, 01:24 AM

ok for the H22 how much do they usually run me??...and are there any links to em??..wat about the exhaust...someone told me that it increases HP but decreases low end torque.....in a honda would low end torque be important anyway??..cuz id have ot say imma torque guy...i like to jump off the line with the lead...

Old 12-02-2008, 05:30 AM

Okay, this is going to be a lot of information. The H22A is an engine that was used in the Honda Prelude from 1993 to 2001, the 1994-1997 Honda Accord SiR, and the 1998-2003 Honda Accord Euro-R and Type-R. The horsepower ranges from 190 hp to 220 hp (H22A7, Type-R engine). You can easily rip the engine and its components out of a Prelude if you didn't want to order one from online (Just search for JDM engines.), but they could cost you anywhere from $1,000 to over $3,000. Most H22s you'll find will have about 200 hp though. If you do happen to get one, don't fret over installing a H22 because there are plenty of tutorials on how to install one in your Accord and anyone on here who has had experience installing a H22 will be glad to help you.

As for the exhaust, I've heard a lot of good reviews about the A'PEXi WS2 exhaust since it's rated as the quietest exahust next to stock and having a good bit of horsepower increase. By installing an aftermarket exhasut system on an Accord, you are wanting to replace your stock B-pipe (the pipe between your catalytic converter and the muffler) since the stock B-pipe restricts a good bit of airflow out of your exhaust. By installing a proper aftermarket exhaust system you should see a gain in acceleration (Your car should shoot through the RPMs much faster.) rather than a large gain in horsepower.

On the subject of torque, Honda engines were designed for high end torque. I've done a good bit of research and asked around myself, and there's not much you can do to boost low end torque. If you think about it, your car only displaces 2.3 L of air and fuel. The only way I can think of increasing low end torque is by increasing displacement. VTEC does help though. I've never personally experienced VTEC myself, but people say it's awesome when it kicks in. With VTEC, your car starts off normal, but when it hits 4500 RPM, it has an increase in power. Here's a short clip on how VTEC works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcT_ZyY3F0k Anyway, to sum it up, you're going to have a tough time trying to boost low end torque. The best thing to do is to get to your optimal rpm of 5700 rpms since that's where most of your power lies at.

If you don't want a body kit but want to modify the exterior of your Accord, you could consider lip kits. They attatch to the lower portion of the front and back bumpers and the sides.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:51 PM

i agree when the vtech kicks in its one hella good ride man i have a j30a v6 in my 00 accord coupe and i have just an intake on it. i had a guy that though imports sucked give me a complement on how it sounded when the vtech kicked in. mine kicks in a 3500rpm. the motor stock has 200hp so i think its a good one its an eye opener if someone is not ready.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:26 PM

yeah when the stock air boxes come off it really roars
to anyone thats spells it wrong (not to be mean)
its -Vtec

Old 12-08-2008, 10:41 PM

^ I think what really opens up the noise is removing the resonator in the bumper, not to say that intakes are even louder. I'm running just the filter box and no resonator for now and its in between an SRI and the stock noise level.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:42 AM

I have a kit for sale that you WILL feel!!!! Direct port nitrous FTMFW and some serious power ..... plus, you won't find this kit cheaper.

Quick Reply: Accord LX Muscle Car