Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

HELP! Noise from exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Default RE: HELP! Noise from exhaust system

or that.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:06 PM

good idea. but im not having a problem so i dont need one now. lol

Old 12-06-2007, 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: 94Honda

ORIGINAL: jinstyle

As for the OBX I'm in a bind because It's doing well so far but if in the future the gaskets keep on blowing like you mentioned I don't know what to do.. Since I replaced the old stock header due to extreme rust. Options at this point are the DC version or stock which are almost equally expensive. =(
did u double up your header gasket? like on my firebird and camaro i had to double them up and never had a prob. all my friends with cars w/headers did that and dont have any probs. either

I know this seems like a stupid question but by double up you mean use two gaskets instead of one?

Old 12-06-2007, 10:06 PM

yeah, its just that much more gasket for a betterseal

Old 12-06-2007, 10:45 PM

Hey 19Accord97 I remeber a while back when you posted "OBX header Facts" you used a lot of silicon with your gaskets. What would you recommend: add silicon to gaskets or just go buy a better gasket? or both go buy better gaskets and add silicon?

Old 12-06-2007, 10:49 PM

u can do like falkore.. said and go get a good gasket

Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 AM

duly noted! Thanks for all the help guys!

Old 12-07-2007, 09:52 PM

oh hey i know what ur exhaust prob might be, it probly ur exhaust bearings. lol

Old 12-07-2007, 10:17 PM

or maybe the jack rattling in the back lol. i've seen it happening.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:43 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: jinstyle

Hey 19Accord97 I remeber a while back when you posted "OBX header Facts" you used a lot of silicon with your gaskets. What would you recommend: add silicon to gaskets or just go buy a better gasket? or both go buy better gaskets and add silicon?

Well I thought about that too. Everytime the gasket blew out, Napa, Carquest, Autozona, and Advance Auto only had the cheap felpro gasket in stock. They never had the $20 metal one that I wanted and it would take a few days to ship...and I never could have my car out of service that long.

I really planned on just using the metal gasket, but that never happened. Anyways, the only gaskets the above mentioned had were the exhaust manifold gasket that goes where the 4 pipes of the header meet the engine block, so I always had to custom fabricate the gasket for where the two piece of the header meet. If thats where it is leaking, I would try to get a thick metal gasket with raised edges. I have seen them on summitracing.com I think. If that fails, then get the metal gasket and add the red high temp silicone. Everytime the gasket failed it was because the "Stuff" between the metal in the gaskets blew out, or the silicone would so that wouldnt happen with a metal gasket. And I think the header warped a smidge, thats why using two gaskets would work as some have suggested to take up the extra place.

Sorry it was so long and maybe made more questions than answers!!!

Quick Reply: HELP! Noise from exhaust system