Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

What's the most bang for the buck? Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 02:50 AM
Default RE: What's the most bang for the buck? Any ideas?

Well we actually plan to due a lot more to the car in the future as well. If I was ganna get her a pully, I was thinking the whole set. I've got just the underdrive on my 96', but that's cause I have no p/s or AC and I just have yet to go buy the alt. pulley. I hear a lot of people say good luck with the underdrive bolt, I did my own install with no problems. 1/2 inch breaker bar and along cheater bar worked out pretty good, along with someone else to jam the flywheel from spinning.Will I need to jam anything on her auto?Her car, on nitrous, I don't know about that. I'm leary of running juice on a stock motor. Plus she wants some perfomance that's always there. Would I be dumn to get the set instead of all the other recomendations falkore wrote up?

Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

There's noting wrong with the set. I have it installed. But you said that you wanted the best bang for your buck and the accessory pulleys don't do nearly as much as the other stuff mentioned. An F series motor will handle a 35 shot all day and a 50 shot for normal use. Those sizes are ok to do dry, but I prefer wet because it's safer in terms of operation (will jolt harder on activation which is the downside). An NX 35 wet shot would be ideal I'd think for when you drive her car, but still small enough so that she can control it if she needed to teach someone a lesson.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:03 AM

I wasn't really recommending you install nitrous on your girls car. It is just the best answer to the "best bang for the buck" question. I would go with Intake exhaust and pulleys. maybe header, but lots of people complain about the loss of low end torque with a header. Most say you can't feel the power till about 4k rpms.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:08 AM

LOL .... why not! She's the one complaining that she needs more go and doesn't care how!! Go-juice to the rescue!!!! But remember that you both need to apply for nitrous licenses ($25 each).

Old 09-21-2007, 03:09 AM

Alright so you guys did answer the question correctly. I should have asked what you recommend for the first mod to her car for around $400? I guess that's more or less what I meant. And what's a nitrous license? I've never heard of that. I used to run a dry Zex kit in my car, I thought it was a cheesy system so I quickly sold it. But I never got any license. I hope your not joking either, then I'm ganna feel like a retard.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:17 AM

I've never heard of a "nitrous license" either. Care to elaborate Falkore?

Old 09-21-2007, 12:17 PM

My guess is if there even is such a thing, it would be a state thing, not a nation thing.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:21 AM

Glad I ain't the only one. And I decided that if I can come up with an extra $200 to make a total of $600, I'm ganna get her a Greddy catback exhaust setup. But we'll see. I was thinking the SP2 but I they don't show it for her year on their site. They don't show it for a 98' either, but my brother has it. Or maybe he's got the original SP and not the SP2. But I would think they would still have it available. If not I could go with the EVO2 like what I've got.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:38 AM

check this out >> http://www.optionsauto.com/products.asp?dept=1198

Old 09-24-2007, 10:44 AM

The nitrous license is to buy, carry or sell nitrous. It may be a NJ thing, I'm not sure. A friend has the form for me & I haven't seen it yet. I'm told that without it you can be arrested if you're pulled over and they find nitrous in your car. Since none of you guys have heard of the license, I'd expect that it is only for NJ.

What size shot were you using? I've never heard of someone saying that nitrous is a cheezy system.

Quick Reply: What's the most bang for the buck? Any ideas?