New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Accesories

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 02:00 AM
Default Accesories

Any accessories a must for new owners???

Old 05-05-2008, 08:07 AM
LouP
Unregistered
Default RE: Accesories

I am still trying to get a cargo net. My last car had one and it came to be very handyin preventing things from getting tossed around inside the trunk.

LouP

Old 05-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

No absolutely not! All accessories are NO GOOD!
Just kidding... What kinda stuff do you like to do?

Yakima roof racks for carrying bicycles or kayaks? Neon lights under the car orunder the dashboard? 2500 watt stereo systems? Accessories are about as diverse as the people who drive Accords.

My must-haves include real snow tires since it snows inwinter around here.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:26 PM

The dealer called and said they were offering free floor mats for me. So I went to go pick them up, but they were the thin clear types that you can probably get for cheap at Costco. I thought they were those all purpose ones for about $120. Oh well. I hate people who complain when they get free stuff so I will shut up.

Any one have the cargo mat for the trunk?

Old 05-07-2008, 11:08 PM

When I first got my car I baught some cleaning supplies. Dust resistant interior spray, tire spray, some car washing soap.. an air freshener. A clean, fresh smelling car is a happy car. [8D]

Also, I have a visor/protecter thing in front of my moon roof. At first I thought it looked ugly, but it really is pretty handy especially on hot days when it rains and you feel like you need the fresh air you can crack open ur moon roof a little without any water leaking in. Shoulder pads for your seatbelts might not be a must, but I think it's comfortable enough to have for the cheap price. Depending where you live, your leather steering wheel may get cold or hot, so a nicewheel cover may be beneficial. I also baught one of those snow thingies to brush away and chip at ice on the car because I live up north. Not sure if those are the kinds of accessories you mean, but whatever. lol

Edit: Also, if you have leather seats they can get very hot in the summer time. So investing in one of those shiny silver sunlight blocker thingies might be useful also if you don't want your *** to get burned.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:31 PM
jamminACCORD 05
Unregistered

lets see....i just got an 05 ex sedan----i like the cargo net for trunk as well as cargo pads----nice rubber/all use floor mats r nice---steering wheel cover with rubber grib---u can get for 15-20 bucks at auto zone/o'reilly----what is ur audio systme like....particularly the controls.....an mp3 cd player is nice or a flip screen/touch screen/vid screen----all depends on you $$$$ situation....air fresh is almost a must----keep some armor all or the like handy for interior dash and some tire shine too-----for in bt washings-----hmm also u could go a lil bigger with tinting and rims/tires, but that gets into appearance and not accessories-----seat covers are great---esp for that sporty look----

Old 05-11-2008, 12:35 AM

The cargo net for the '08 is a 2 hour install at the dealer. I did it at home in a little over 2 hours, but you do need a special tool to do it. My dealer let me borrow it so I could do the job at home.

I also got the rear wing and fog lights. Mrs. GM3 bought me the colored door edge guards as well. I will get remote start before next winter, but not yet.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:11 PM
jamminACCORD 05
Unregistered

why does the cargo net so long?!? is it hard 2 do or is it jus a tedious process that is otherwise pretty easy?

Old 05-11-2008, 05:21 PM

It's pretty straight forward, it just takes some time to put in the special tube/nuts and to use the tool to make them hold. There is a little drilling involved as well. It's not hard, just time consuming. You need to take all of the paneling out of the trunk including the tire wheel.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:30 PM
jamminACCORD 05
Unregistered

can the special tool be bought if mechanic isn't as generous as yours?-----and what are people's opinions on seat covers----front and back or jus front??

Quick Reply: Accesories