New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Alarm & Shifter Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 02:05 PM
Default Alarm & Shifter Problems

I have a 2004 Accord EX (4 cylinder, automatic). I unlocked the door with the fob and the alarm went off. I did all the things you would do to turn it off to no avail. I popped t hood and pulled out the horn fuse so it would stop sounding. I got in the car to drive it and the gear shift was locked in park. I have done a little research and found that the hood latch assembly and sensor go bad on these cars so I replaced it. The car will still not come out of park and I assume that if the horn fuse is replaced, the alarm will go off again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 05-08-2020, 02:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by 2hondatom
I have a 2004 Accord EX (4 cylinder, automatic). I unlocked the door with the fob and the alarm went off. I did all the things you would do to turn it off to no avail. I popped t hood and pulled out the horn fuse so it would stop sounding. I got in the car to drive it and the gear shift was locked in park. I have done a little research and found that the hood latch assembly and sensor go bad on these cars so I replaced it. The car will still not come out of park and I assume that if the horn fuse is replaced, the alarm will go off again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Unplug the horn, and put the fuse back in? Otherwise you'll need to do more digging to figure out how to turn off the alarm.