New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Back in an Accord again.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 09:47 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by JimBlake
We had a '67 type-3 squareback for a few years. Low budget, used, and pretty rusted. Defrosters didn't work too well since the rocker panels were perforated with rust. Typical college-student car. One day the left headlight bucket fell right out of the fender.

But that was my first experience in a car that was small & nimble. Dad always had a full-size ford.
I've had a couple of type 3 Squarebacks over the years. If you can get one that isn't all rusted out, they're a decent little hauler. I helped a friend move once with a 69 Square, and we kept loading it and loading it. He asked is it full yet several times, but we kept adding more stuff. I hauled a console TV in my old 70 Squareback before, and even a stackable washer-dryer combo in it too. I always thought of it as a baby suburban.

I used to live in Texas (many years ago, and still have family there), so what got crushed or scrapped surprised me as well. Not surprised that decent driveable cars are scrapped any more. And cash for clunkers didn't help the used car industry either (getting rid of spare parts).