New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Da nEw GuY

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Default Da nEw GuY

Greetings to all. new guy here owning 97 ex coupe vtec single cam manual with 140k and running strong. I recently decided I would keep my honda and thought it only proper to join your knowledge bearing forum to help me get my ride up to par. The car has a few alts. like illum dash and halo headlights and a short shift adapter which im about to rip out and replace with the real deal. I also have some not yet installed parts: 17 x 7.5 stern gunmetal rims, front n rear type r lip which im gettin painted n blended, eye lids, and a sat radio adapter and ant to match my kenwood face. Excited to have joined this forum and cant wait to tap into the infinite minds or at least the top 10 posters for my future projects.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Da nEw GuY

Thank You for joining up with us New Member, were happy to have you with us!

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-08-2007, 11:36 PM

Damn dawg, that's a lot of stuff! [&:]
What injun you got?

Old 09-20-2007, 07:04 AM

I have the stock 2.2 sohc but im in the market for, and have been doing my research on the h22 and have all info needed just waiting on a good deal to snag up a 1996 prelude si or vtec. yeah im maintaining the odb II system and the 96 prelude is my only choice as it does not have the immobilizer so thatsonly my dream for now.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:32 AM

How much are you paying for the "real deal" short shifter? For my 5spd, I'm gonna buy a metric tap & die set and thread the stock shifter handle down two more inches, then chop off the excess two inches from the top. Than way I'll still have my short shift adapter on there and my stock shifter handle & boot. Only the shifter will be 2 inches shorter and it will only cost the amount for the tap & die set.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Hey 00 or youngblood: Please explain the differance btw the short shifter adapter and the "real deal". Does the adapter just shorten the throw at normal shifter height? If so, why wouldn't you mod the shaft like in the post above and forget about the adapter? Wouldn't both combined make the shift very hard?

Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 AM

question 1 answer: the difference to me will be the ease of shifting. adapter i have produces not much of a shorter distance and the shifting is real ruff. im also using the stock shift stick. the real deal offers a complete replacement upgrading looks and use. 2 birds 1 stone.

question 2 answer: yes sir, the adapter only shortens the throw at normal stick ht.
im going out on a limb to try this full replacement. pic as ref below:

site 4 real deal: http://www.pspectuning.com/9497accord_short_shifter.php

nuff said, according to rules I may be getting ahead of myself in this forum.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: falkore24
why wouldn't you mod the shaft like in the post above and forget about the adapter? Wouldn't both combined make the shift very hard?
Naahh, it wouldn't make it too hard to shift. I would leave the adapter on.
The PSPECshortens the shift lever by 2 & 1/2 inches, where you can only chop off 2 inches before the shift lever has a curve in it, making it not possible to thread and use the stock shift ****. You could actually cut off as much as you want to and buy one of those aftermarket ***** that use allen screws to secure to the lever. I have seen some cut so short that they barely stick up over the console.
The PSPEC is best if you have the ($$), but I am more into cheap mods that get the job done "almost" as well. Oh yeah, and I forgot to menton, PSPEC doesn't make them for 98-02 models yet. Or at least Iwas never able to find one when I was looking. Now I'd rather just chop it.