New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Front bumper help

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 11:00 PM
Default Front bumper help

Help I purchased this car and I did not notice that the bumper underneath looks like it has been painted? What do u think the cheapest way to fix this will be? Pls zoom in

Old 07-24-2019, 02:07 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Probably a can of spray paint. If you can't find your color at the Zone or O'Reilly's in pre-mixed cans, you could try having it custom mixed and put into a spray can by an auto body paint supplier. Some NAPA's, Advanced Auto and others do this too, you just have to see if they custom mix paint first.
I hope this helps.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by felice0304
Help I purchased this car and I did not notice that the bumper underneath looks like it has been painted? What do u think the cheapest way to fix this will be? Pls zoom in
As you already know, those are normally unpainted black pieces.
  1. The bumper lip spoiler can be replaced or just removed without replacement. It is held on with plastic clips. Honda Part No.: 71110-TA0-A00, list price $18.73. Local dealers may mark up over list price. Internet dealers usually is less than list; but, charge shipping. Honda e-store allows for ordering on-line and free pick-up at local dealer; however, not all dealers provide discount on e-store. (Due to so much of the lip spoiler being painted, paint solvent may not remove it and leave it looking good.)
  2. The two side pieces are part of the inner plastic fenders. They can be removed; however, they appear to be held on with rivets. These pieces are not separately sold, they are sold as part of the inner plastic fenders. (Since there is not as much paint/paint over-spray on these two pieces, you can try solvent. Although 3M adhesive remover is marketed for adhesive removal, it is a safe solvent which I have also used to remove small amount of uncured or properly finished paint. -- You can try other types of remover such as Goof-Off.)

Old 07-24-2019, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

The spoiler lip is also available on Amazon with free shipping from several sellers.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:08 AM

Thank you so much for your replies! I will just have the lip spoiler removed and try the paint remover on the fender pieces ☺️

Old 07-25-2019, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

If the paint remover works well, maybe use that for the lip?

Another alternative might be some kind of black paint that's made for bumpers or other plastic parts (the paint has to be a little flexible because that lip is a little flexible).

Old 07-25-2019, 01:09 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by JimBlake
If the paint remover works well, maybe use that for the lip?

Another alternative might be some kind of black paint that's made for bumpers or other plastic parts (the paint has to be a little flexible because that lip is a little flexible).
That would be my suggestion as well. I didn't realize someone painted those parts body color, which means it's been replaced. If you decide to try and remove the paint, use a "scuff" pad soaked in your chemical solution of your choice, as that will help remove it, and it will give the base material some "tooth" for some black paint to adhere to. Just a thought. Also, I couldn't get the pic to blow up like redbull-1 did.