New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello all, noob checking in!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 12:12 AM
Default Hello all, noob checking in!

I just bought my second Honda ever 2 days ago. 2012 Accord EX-L V-6. nav not optioned when new.
Same dealer I bought 2010 Civic DXVP (cheapest 5sp civic) from new in 2010. Pearl white, 70,304 mi.
Still smells new thanks to the leather interior and 2 previous owners. Selling price $12,911 plus tax, title, license, Doc fee and the most inclusive warranty to 150,000 mi no time limit for $1,563. Last new car I bought was a new 2015 Fiesta ST POS that I'll not rant about now that I traded in the nick of time for most base model '18 Tacoma last summer.
I digress.
I thought I was buying the car for my wife as my son is working now and needed a third car. After driving the Accord, was really hoping Janet would drive the truck 'cause this car rocks!!!
So, after 2 days to and from work I noticed the tires which tread was 50+% when I walked around it are 3 different brands.
Pulls to the left while driving even though the dealer gave me documentation that (computerized)? alignment was part of PDI. I'll know this Tuesday when new all terrains are on if the problem is dissimilar steer tires or not and realign if needed.
Those on this forum in the know I ask you this, what is the full and proper transmission service?
Irregardless of warranty I want to do it the way a master certified ASE lead tech would do it, and have seen several different ways on youtube. Several ways to drain/fill repeat, but are there no screens/filters internal?
After dialing in this new to me rip snorting sedan, I look forward to SRI, pullies, spacers,, runners, etc. but I'm getting ahead of myself. First mod tomorrow is debadge v6 emblem.

Last edited by bilco67; 10-06-2019 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:18 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by bilco67
I just bought my second Honda ever 2 days ago. 2012 Accord EX-L V-6. nav not optioned when new.
Same dealer I bought 2010 Civic DXVP (cheapest 5sp civic) from new in 2010. Pearl white, 70,304 mi.
Still smells new thanks to the leather interior and 2 previous owners. Selling price $12,911 plus tax, title, license, Doc fee and the most inclusive warranty to 150,000 mi no time limit for $1,563. Last new car I bought was a new 2015 Fiesta ST POS that I'll not rant about now that I traded in the nick of time for most base model '18 Tacoma last summer.
I digress.
I thought I was buying the car for my wife as my son is working now and needed a third car. After driving the Accord, was really hoping Janet would drive the truck 'cause this car rocks!!!
So, after 2 days to and from work I noticed the tires which tread was 50+% when I walked around it are 3 different brands.
Pulls to the left while driving even though the dealer gave me documentation that (computerized)? alignment was part of PDI. I'll know this Tuesday when new all terrains are on if the problem is dissimilar steer tires or not and realign if needed.
Those on this forum in the know I ask you this, what is the full and proper transmission service?
Irregardless of warranty I want to do it the way a master certified ASE lead tech would do it, and have seen several different ways on youtube. Several ways to drain/fill repeat, but are there no screens/filters internal?
After dialing in this new to me rip snorting sedan, I look forward to SRI, pullies, spacers,, runners, etc. but I'm getting ahead of myself. First mod tomorrow is debadge v6 emblem.
Welcome to the forums. Take a look around as someone might have already covered the full on trans service.

Old 10-08-2019, 02:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the site and congrats on your new Accord! Show it to us when you can. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Safe driving and happy modding!