New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:03 AM
holton2
Unregistered
Default Hello from Georgia

I found a nice 92 Accord for my daughter. I have questions. Got to find a GOOD book-repair manual.

Will enjoy the forums as I like to tinker.....

Old 07-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Hello from Georgia

And Hello from Ohio...
Happy to have you join up here at the HAF..

Thank You for joining up with us

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Haynes or Chilton manuals are available at all kinds of AutoZone or PepBoys type stores.

But the BEST repair manuals for Honda come from www.helminc.com - lot more $$ but worth it.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

Haynes or Chilton manuals are available at all kinds of AutoZone or PepBoys type stores.

But the BEST repair manuals for Honda come from www.helminc.com - lot more $$ but worth it.
^ x2. Although I would not buy a Chilton as there is a link in our DIY section that leads you to a free online Cilton Manual for any year model Accord: https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/Gre...m_41104/tm.htm
Haynes is a little better than Chilton in my opinion.
I don't have a Helm, but I wish I did!As JimBlake said, Helm are the Honda shop manualssothey are by far the best. Just expensive. I guess that may be somethingI need to puton my Christmas wish list this year.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

wow...i followed the link to the helm site...those are expensive...

Old 07-25-2007, 11:01 AM

[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]That's why I haven't bought one yet. Plus it looks like you have to buy more than one - one for wiring and one "general" I guess

Old 07-25-2007, 04:23 PM
holton2
Unregistered

I am watching Ebay to see if I can find one of the better manuals there.

My second post....cool

Old 07-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

The overall manual has plenty of wiring information. Lots of electrical troubleshooting. Don't worry about that.

Main book only covers 4-cylinder, so you'll have to get the V6 suplement book for your '95 ALONG WITH the main book.

Smaglik, it's sorta like the Bentley book for your BMW - it's the official sanctioned civilian version of the real factory manual.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

thanks fo the comparison jim...i knid of thought as much.

right now, i dont have either of them...the m3 is still under warranty and maintenance...the only thing have done is an oil change...however that will likely change in the coming months, as i will be moving to a town w/o a dealer.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:19 AM

Thanks JimBlake. By the way, are you a Honda Tech? Or are you another type of tech?
I think I will wind up getting the overall manual for my 2000 LX.
My wife is wanting a new car pretty bad. She's had the '95 V6 since she was 17 I think. She's about to turn 25. I think it only had around 30k on it when her dad got it for her. It's got a little over 115k on it now so it has served her/us pretty well. I will hate to see it go though. Especially after finally getting the "RPM Fluctuations" problem solved after so much sweating and utterances of profanity.

Quick Reply: Hello from Georgia