New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 06:58 PM
Default Help needed

I have recently become the proud owner of a 96 accord that needs a lot of TLC. I'll start with the engine codes: air/fuel ratio too lean, o2 sensor because no cat, speed sensor. The abs light and srs lights are on. I'm not sure why the abs light is on but I can hear the pump kick on when I start the car, but then it stops and the abs light comes on and the brakes seem very weak. I replaced all the brake pads and flushed out the old fluid and it's alot better but it still feels weak. When I changed the oil I noticed the cv axle boot was torn and had lots of gunk in it. When I go over a speed bump at 5 mph or less the whole bounces and i can hear the sound of metal on metal. I know the suspension is done for and I want to replace it so that I don't lose a tooth every time I hit a pothole. If someone could list all the parts for the entire suspension system I would appreciate it, and would like some help diagnosing the abs problem.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

This "new member" area is mostly for welcome & introductions. Normally I'd just move this to the forum area where it belongs, but this time I'll ask you to separate the different problems & search in "General Tech" whether something is already there. We don't really forbid new members from posting in the forum area in the topic you need.

I think putting the engine codes in one post in General Tech, the suspension problems in the Suspension forum area, etc. will be less confusing for us to deal with.