New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi community

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 08:16 AM
Default Hi community

Hi all, I'm Dwayne from Seattle.
I enjoy fishing and photography.
I'm the owner of 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6.

lright, so its my friends car, ive been trying to help her out but having problems.

if you let the car sit a few hours, sometimes even just 5-10 minutes or sometimes over night, the battery will be almost dead, and not start it.

the battery https://mechanicfaq.com/battery-for-honda-crv/ was new in september, and was tested a few days ago and was said to be good. i tested it, it is good. i also tested the alternator and it read 14.xx, so good too.

i had her let it sit overnight, then connect the ground terminal to another part of the car that would ground it to see if the grounds were the issue, didnt do anything.

essentially the battery either - is getting drained beyond starting power, is bad but isnt reading as bad... or
my theory is that the battery is simply too small for the car. when it was brand new it started it, but now that its seasoned it wont. the reason i think this is based on this same complaint about the same kind of car, that was never resolved by honda.

Last edited by Cenang; 10-14-2019 at 04:42 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:34 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Cenang
Hi all, I'm Dwayne from Seattle.
I enjoy fishing and photography.
I'm the owner of 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6.
Welcome. Take a tour of the site. Lots of good stuff here.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Hello, Dwayne and welcome to the forum! Nice to have you here. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!