New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Honda Accord 2005

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 10:59 AM
Default Honda Accord 2005

Hello,
I am having some issues with my Honda Accord 2005. When it’s cold outside the key fob does not work to unlock the car. I changed the battery and still the same issue. After the car is on for about 15 minutes and gets warm then it works perfectly. The problem problem is that the manual lock is jammed so I has to disconnect the lock mechanism for the driver door and that never locks now because otherwise when it happens I am locked out of the car. Opening that door when the car is locked triggers the alarm and unlocking the car from the button next to the windows buttons does not stop it. So I have to leave my car running for 15 mins then I can use the key fob.
one thing I noticed is that apart from not working some times, it also happened in some mornings that I the key fob only worked after I opened the driver’s door. The alarm went off as usual but after opening the driver’s door I could use the key fob.
i got an aftermarket backup key fob, programmed it using the steps I found online but still the same. When my original one doesn’t work, neither is this one so I assume it’s not a problem with the key itself but with the car?
does anyone know what I can do?
the car is old and it does not make sense to spend hundreds of pounds on taking it to a dealership when it’s total value is about £500.
i was wondering if someone can help me if there is anything I can do to try and fix that.
thank you!