New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

It's a Hello : F23 intake to F22B motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Default It's a Hello : F23 intake to F22B motor

Hey guys, it's good to be here. I thought I would drop a hello before I go into asking a ton of questions. I have a 1994 4 door Accord that I bought cheap, cheap. Like a $100 bucks, but she ugly. The PO said the timing belt broke on him at idle. So, I started a project. Then, I talked my step son into purchasing a reasonable 96 Honda Accord for his first car. Well, six months later he wreaked it, but during that time had the water pump and timing belt replaced. That's right, I picked it up as a donor. I've been in the process of swapping motors, changing wiring harness. I purchased a F23 intake for the F22B motor. I cleaned it all up, picked up new gaskets. Got online here and saw the thread about adapting it. Well, I didn't see that you need to modify the IACV

Anyways, I'm going to go directly to that thread and start asking questions, and see if my ideas would work?

Hello everyone, and thanks for having me.
Morgan

Old 08-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by mozart
Hey guys, it's good to be here. I thought I would drop a hello before I go into asking a ton of questions. I have a 1994 4 door Accord that I bought cheap, cheap. Like a $100 bucks, but she ugly. The PO said the timing belt broke on him at idle. So, I started a project. Then, I talked my step son into purchasing a reasonable 96 Honda Accord for his first car. Well, six months later he wreaked it, but during that time had the water pump and timing belt replaced. That's right, I picked it up as a donor. I've been in the process of swapping motors, changing wiring harness. I purchased a F23 intake for the F22B motor. I cleaned it all up, picked up new gaskets. Got online here and saw the thread about adapting it. Well, I didn't see that you need to modify the IACV

Anyways, I'm going to go directly to that thread and start asking questions, and see if my ideas would work?

Hello everyone, and thanks for having me.
Morgan
The reason for modifying the IACV valve is because the F22 uses a FIT valve in conjunction with the IACV valve. The F23 doesn't use the FIT valve at all.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

On an F23, the fast-idle function is done by the IACV, but that only happens when that IACV is commanded by an F23 PCM programmed to do that function. I don't think the fast-idle function is programmed into the IACV itself.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:58 PM

I see, so there’s no way around it then. Thanks for explaining this to me. I’ll go ahead and purchase the adapter plate.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
On an F23, the fast-idle function is done by the IACV, but that only happens when that IACV is commanded by an F23 PCM programmed to do that function. I don't think the fast-idle function is programmed into the IACV itself.
The point I was trying to make was that his 94 F22 uses a FIT valve AND a IAC valve, while the F23 only uses an IAC valve.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, but if you swap the intake manifold, the F23 manifold won't have a place for the FITV.

And even though the F23 IACV does the function of the FITV, it doesn't do it by itself - it needs to be commanded properly by the F23 PCM.

Old 08-06-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Yes, but if you swap the intake manifold, the F23 manifold won't have a place for the FITV.

And even though the F23 IACV does the function of the FITV, it doesn't do it by itself - it needs to be commanded properly by the F23 PCM.
Yup, I agree 100%.