New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Accord owner, had bad experience at driveaccord.net

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 09:19 PM
Default New Accord owner, had bad experience at driveaccord.net

Before purchasing my 2005 LX, I had scoured around the community looking for the best one for my needs (commuting to college and my job at a Honda dealership). For the last fifteen years my family has had an '04 CR-V that is beginning to show it's age, so in the off time I am fixing it it was decided I should buy a new car, and low and behold I purchased a 2005 Satin Silver LX model with a five speed manual. I usually join forums when I start hobbies (bikeforums for my dad's '89 Giant Chinook, helpful and friendly people on there as well as good advice from crvownersclub for the '04 CR-V). Needless to say, I had high expectations when I joined driveaccord.net, and it seems as they were a bit too high. I noticed how most of the community tends to disregard the K24 Accord and I tried to find out why on that particular forum. Big mistake. Of course RickBlaine comes out of the woodwork to "warn me" for "swearing," like using a very naughty word like "four banger" to refer to a four cylinder engine. Horrible. He continued to insult the points I was making towards another member (a guy who really made himself out to act like he's a hardened member of some kind) but I got tired of taking all of RickBlaine's continued garbage, so when I insulted him for buying an automatic he banned me for twenty days. I don't understand this guy and why he's such a hypocrite; it almost reminds me of the whole Sonichu saga from what I have seen, where a new member will post a problem, then RickBlaine will censor the problem that person has on their own personal car to make it seem like there is no problem, and he can't take criticism, yet he let's others curse and harass other users on a regular basis. Any thoughts?

Old 08-24-2019, 09:41 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by vdibi76
Before purchasing my 2005 LX, I had scoured around the community looking for the best one for my needs (commuting to college and my job at a Honda dealership). For the last fifteen years my family has had an '04 CR-V that is beginning to show it's age, so in the off time I am fixing it it was decided I should buy a new car, and low and behold I purchased a 2005 Satin Silver LX model with a five speed manual. I usually join forums when I start hobbies (bikeforums for my dad's '89 Giant Chinook, helpful and friendly people on there as well as good advice from crvownersclub for the '04 CR-V). Needless to say, I had high expectations when I joined driveaccord.net, and it seems as they were a bit too high. I noticed how most of the community tends to disregard the K24 Accord and I tried to find out why on that particular forum. Big mistake. Of course RickBlaine comes out of the woodwork to "warn me" for "swearing," like using a very naughty word like "four banger" to refer to a four cylinder engine. Horrible. He continued to insult the points I was making towards another member (a guy who really made himself out to act like he's a hardened member of some kind) but I got tired of taking all of RickBlaine's continued garbage, so when I insulted him for buying an automatic he banned me for twenty days. I don't understand this guy and why he's such a hypocrite; it almost reminds me of the whole Sonichu saga from what I have seen, where a new member will post a problem, then RickBlaine will censor the problem that person has on their own personal car to make it seem like there is no problem, and he can't take criticism, yet he let's others curse and harass other users on a regular basis. Any thoughts?
Welcome. I can't comment on the drive accord forums, as I'm not a member there. I found this site while trying to fix my 97 Accord, and finally did. I've been a member on other forum sites though, looking for info, but I keep coming back here (a more friendly group). If you're really trying to find info related to your K24 engine, I'd suggest going to K20.org, as they cover K engines very well (Honda and Acura versions). I found them while researching info to help my son do a K-swap on his 98 Civic. They've got several forums there covering different aspects of the engine itself, and some very knowledgeable people there on doing stuff, whether it's brake upgrades to which manual transmission to use for better gearing and doing engine swaps, or what are the best parts to use for engine rebuilding. They're like Honda Tech, but geared for the K series engine.

One thing I've found over the years, is that every forum seems to have a butt head (except this one) or 2, and you just can't get away from the idiots. Like you, I tried to be a member of 6th gen Accords, but shortly after I joined it, I found that it was geared more to being an archive site, as there 6 or 7 guys there that spent all of their time in the lounge, BS ing with each other, and when a newbie posted up a question, the "standard reply was to do a search". Didn't matter what the subject was, it was always the same reply. It wasn't what I signed up for, and called out the lounge members on it. I almost drew a "banning" for doing so, so I logged out and left. I got tired of trying to help the newbies where I could (hell I was one myself), knowing that some of the "elders of the site" were doing nothing to help them. I just got frustrated, and rather say something that would ban me, I just left and haven't been back.
So please take the time, visit the site, look around, ask questions, there's a lot of good info here, and not just on the older models, but some of the newer ones too.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:17 PM

Welcome - funny, you're not the first person with a post like that. The guy likely has some serious issues, but the fact that he runs rampant with "power" as a moderator is disturbing. It'll be the demise of that site, and already has gone downhill due to it.

The guys here are great, and like Toecutter said, there's a lot of good information, and even more informed people. Amazing what a different vibe you have here. It may not have the activity for every generation, but the thorough answers are impressive and regular.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:27 PM

I have had similar experiences on other forums, where every question was answered with "do a search". Well, okay, I did search and didnt find the answer, so that's why I asked. If you dont want to help someone or even engage them in conversation, and your only goal is to BS with your friends, then use a private chat room or a group text. That way nobody can "bother" you with their questions and comments.

I have a 2.4L iVTEC in my 2005 Element. I like the engine and the vehicle so far, but I only bought it in May. I have already put over 8,000 miles on it, though.

I recently posted in the "off-topic" section of an Element forum about the 1996 Accord I just bought, and was berated for having the audacity to post something not directly related to an Element in the freaking off-topic section! Just think what a brow beating I'd have gotten if I posted about my Ford Taurus! Lol

Anyway, I'm new here too, and I'm glad to hear it isnt like that here. I am looking forward to learning and sharing with a community of decent people.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by John_Taurus
I have had similar experiences on other forums, where every question was answered with "do a search". Well, okay, I did search and didnt find the answer, so that's why I asked. If you dont want to help someone or even engage them in conversation, and your only goal is to BS with your friends, then use a private chat room or a group text. That way nobody can "bother" you with their questions and comments.

I have a 2.4L iVTEC in my 2005 Element. I like the engine and the vehicle so far, but I only bought it in May. I have already put over 8,000 miles on it, though.

I recently posted in the "off-topic" section of an Element forum about the 1996 Accord I just bought, and was berated for having the audacity to post something not directly related to an Element in the freaking off-topic section! Just think what a brow beating I'd have gotten if I posted about my Ford Taurus! Lol

Anyway, I'm new here too, and I'm glad to hear it isnt like that here. I am looking forward to learning and sharing with a community of decent people.
That's the thing, I like it here, and have asked a couple of questions pertaining to my son's 98 Civic. Yes, there is a Civic sister site to this one, but info over there is slow in coming. Jim answered my question here right away though. It's part of the reason I keep coming back here, and why I try to help others when I can on here.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
That's the thing, I like it here, and have asked a couple of questions pertaining to my son's 98 Civic. Yes, there is a Civic sister site to this one, but info over there is slow in coming. Jim answered my question here right away though. It's part of the reason I keep coming back here, and why I try to help others when I can on here.
That's exactly how it should be. People who are here to talk about cars and help each other out, not to think of the wittiest way to belittle someone and make yourself feel superior.