New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New here and new to Honda

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Default New here and new to Honda

We bought our 17yo son a 2013 Civic LX on March 22 after my mom received a flyer in the mail for a sales promo. We loved all the base features and had been looking at them prior.
After driving his car, I decided to trade in my 2010 Acadia.
I purchased a 2013 Accord EX-L on Saturday and so far I absolutely love it! Still figuring out everything, but the huge difference in comfort and mpg alone was worth it.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Administrator
Talking ** Hello JodiM **

Welcome to the HAF...
Glad to have you with us here in the HAF...

WheelBrokerAng

click the Image!

Attached Thumbnails New here and new to Honda-welcomd_green_comic.gif  
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 AM

I'm so thankful to find a positive post about the 2013 Accord! I have been reading some disturbing things. I test drove an EX-L last week and took my family with me on Saturday for a second test drive. Then, I found this forum this morning. The cars I drove were terrific, but now I'm having second thoughts about my decision to purchase one. Have you had any problems with the brakes, camera, audio system or strange noises? I'm buying the car with my elderly mother. I certainly don't want to make a huge mistake!

Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 PM

I bought my wife a 2013 Accord EX about 10 days ago. So far so good, although I thought I heard a strange noise under the car last night around town. Could have been the road or tire noise, not sure. What have you heard? I need to do some research on it (too late now I know) and decide whether to get the Honda Care extended warranty or not. I think since it's the 1st year out and new generation, there is going to be issues with it, so I have almost made up my mind to get an ext. warranty from the MASS Honda dealership that sells them for $500 less than all the other dealers (about $1K for 100k mi. $0 deductible).
I am going to look for this model's technical/service bulletins (TB/TSB's). I hope they are still available to the public on the NHTSA.org web site like they were a few years ago when I bought my last Honda.

One thing I noticed is that it "shakes" a little when in ECON mode at low speeds and very little throttle input (starting off slow from a stop). It doesn't do it as much with the ECON off. Don't think the grass is greener on the other side either.. My cousin bought a 2013 Altima and she has been to the dealer several times. We rented an Altima a few weeks ago while waiting for the new Accord to arrive at our Dealership from Ohio, and the engine was buzzy and there was a loud whinning noise coming from it constantly - what everyone has been complaining about (the Altima). I wasn't too thrilled with it. We also rented the 2013 Ford Fusion. Nice interior and layout, but the ride wasn't that great and it had a lag in acceleration like for 1-2secs (like turbo lag) when you floored it, which the Accord does not have. Also if you hit a small pot hole or road imperfection mid-turn, the car/Fusion moved to the side and became very unstable. The Accord has that too, but to a much smaller degree. My only issue with the car is that it doesn't have decent road feel like my '06 Civic or any of my previous Hondas, but it's not my Accord. It's the wife's car and she likes it find the way it is. She had an '04 CRV before that got 19mpg, and she is happy to drive a sedan again with decent mileage and handling.
Please list the negative things you have read so far about the 2013 Accord (4cyl.) or start a new thread, or post a link(s). I am sure a lot of us would be interested.
Thanks
Harry

Old 04-16-2013, 06:28 AM

So far I haven't noticed anything. The only real "complaint" I have is handling when hitting a "bump" in the road, but I'm driving a sedan after years of driving SUV's. My car is at the dealership as we speak getting the windows tinted and remote start installed and I've only driven it a total of 7 days/830 miles, so it's possible I haven't had it long enough.
We got the 7y/120,000 mile $0 deduct warranty. For the price I couldn't pass it up and the extended warranty I had on my Acadia and my husbands suburban have more than paid for themselves.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Default Potential Problems with 2013 Accord EX-L

Here's a link to a page in this forum. It looks like the biggest issues were reported by folks who purchased an Accord right after the new model came out in 2012 (I hope they've been fixed by now). I read a TSB about a noise coming from the passenger side yesterday, but can't find it this morning. Customer reviews can be helpful, but my husband said there are always unhappy people. I'm considering driving a couple more new sedans while the dealer is looking for the color I want. I'm buying this car for/with my mom and I sure don't want to make a decision I regret! I'll keep looking for the reviews for you and will post when I find them.
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...h-51172/page5/

Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Administrator
Talking Your Husband Is Right On

Originally Posted by ClaireeBee
Here's a link to a page in this forum. It looks like the biggest issues were reported by folks who purchased an Accord right after the new model came out in 2012 (I hope they've been fixed by now). I read a TSB about a noise coming from the passenger side yesterday, but can't find it this morning. Customer reviews can be helpful, but my husband said there are always unhappy people. I'm considering driving a couple more new sedans while the dealer is looking for the color I want. I'm buying this car for/with my mom and I sure don't want to make a decision I regret! I'll keep looking for the reviews for you and will post when I find them.
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...h-51172/page5/
No matter what..you will find people who are never Happy with everything on a car. For me ..as long as it starts when I turn the key and that it shuts off when I turn that key again...I'm Happy

Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2013, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
No matter what..you will find people who are never Happy with everything on a car. For me ..as long as it starts when I turn the key and that it shuts off when I turn that key again...I'm Happy
I'm with you! :-)