New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Question on 07 Accord getting ready to buy/lease

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Default Question on 07 Accord getting ready to buy/lease

Hi all-

I am in the process of leasing a new accord v6 coupe, and saw an add for a 36 month lease. 279/month with 2400 due at signing. The add said it was for a EX-L V-6 automatic.

Does anyone know if the Manual Transmission coupe would apply to the same as above as far as payments and due at signing? If not, how much more it should/will be? Anyone recently lease one of these that can lend some info?

I really like the coupe, but would really like the manual as opposed to the automatic.

Trying to get as much information as I can before I go into the dealerships. Dont want to go into a gunfight with no ammo!, and dealers are always a war.

Thanks for any insight you can supply.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:42 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: Question on 07 Accord getting ready to buy/lease

First, let me ask you this: why do you want to lease the car instead of buying it? And, do you plan on keeping the car, or turning it in after the three years are up?

Many lease deals are only for a specific car, one that they know they can resell when/if it gets turned back in after the lease is up. Thats why a lot of the leases you see are for automatics. You may be able to get a similar deal on a manual, the best way to find out is to call.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:46 PM

Yeah, i plan on turning it in after 3 years, I really dont keep cars longer than that. It is going to be my daily driver. I have enough money tied up in owning my toy, which is why I'm looking to lease.

I've called the dealer but its incredibly hard to get a straight answer over the phone from them, so was hoping I could find someone who recently leased one to tell their experience. Don't really want to go IN to the dealer until I have my facts as straight as possible.

Thanks for the fast reply. Anyone else have info that may be helpful as well?

Old 03-15-2007, 09:49 PM

Also, besides the transmission and the carbon fiber trim inside, what are the differences between the manuals and auto'd coupes? Are the outsides different in anyway? Insides besides the brushed aluminum and carbon fiber?

Those who have 07 Auto's are you happy with it etc.?

Old 03-15-2007, 09:54 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

If it is going to be your daily driver, before you lease, MAKE SURE that you are not going to go over the allowed mileage, the charges on overmileage will kill you. And also make sure you keep the car clean, no stains or big scratches or anything.

I know how you feel about the dealerships, I used to sell cars for a while, they always told us to not give out info over the phone, you have to get the customer into the dealership to make the sale, so why talk to them on the phone? Its retarded, but it makes sense when you look at it from a salesman's standpoint. Of course, you can always go into the dealership, get your info, test drive the car, and leave. Just because you are there doesnt mean you are obligated to buy, even though they might try to make you feel like it lol.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:02 PM

yeah mileage isnt really a concern, i dont drive anywhere near 10K a year, and always take incredible care of my cars. I live in Nevada, and everything is pretty much where you are at, and having another car for weekends/nights makes the mileage easier too.

SO right about the phone thing. Dont blame them really either. It's a business like anything else, and why would they want to answer all your questions just to have you buy from another dealer. Get em in, get their info etc seems to be their motto.
Thanks

Old 03-21-2007, 03:46 PM

Just put down a deposit on the 07 EXL-V6. Should be taking delivery at the end of this week, or begining of next. They are trying to locate a black one for me, but if they have trouble doing so, I'm going to take the Graphite Pearl that is on the lot.

Im pretty excited to have a brand new daily driver, as all my past DD's were used.

I do not think I'll be doing much as far as mods go since it is my DD and I have my toys already to play with, probably just a nice window tint.

Thanks guys for helping to answer the few Q's I had.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:24 PM

you can have the dealership get it tinted for you... and i would upgrade to 18s with 45 series tires... and have the dealership keep the deal the same... don't take it unless you get "free" tint and larger wheels...

goodluck!...

Old 03-21-2007, 06:45 PM

dont take it unless i get larger wheels/tires? Im just fine with the 17s on there, and dont want 18 inch rims. I guess everyones taste is different. Like i said before i wasnt buying this car to style it out, just to get from A to B and so forth. I have to wait till I've moved to get the tint I want done, as its illegal here in illinois to do exactly what I want to do. Nevada is quite different in their allowable grades of tint.

I dont think I could beat the 241/month deal that I got on this, as every other dealer deal i worked was 277-300/month on the EXL v6. I got them to throw in/on exactly what I wanted after we negotiated so Im quite happy. 5 free detail jobs, the first 4 oil changes free, extra miles, and a few other things.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:00 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Well good, Im glad you got a good deal on your lease. Sounds like you made out pretty decent.

Quick Reply: Question on 07 Accord getting ready to buy/lease