New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Saying hello!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Smile Saying hello!

Hi, I just bought a 97' 2.2l 5 speed off a guy a month or so ago, and its been an experience!

Tiny back story. I grew up watching Fast and the Furious and have done the mega ricer no no's in high school and that was fun... destroying a perfectly good car. I was dumb and didn't learn until much later the value of actually doing work on cars (and things in general). Fast forward a decade and now a friend and I have both bought older Hondas. He got the Del Sol and I bought a car that didn't run and 134,xxx miles on the clock lol.

I've slowly been working on it, learning quite a bit, and buying more tools because I was very under equipped for my adventure more than anything else Never worked on captive brakes... new brakes are in, never dropped the fuel tank to change the pump... now i see why all the youtubers cut holes in the body (I wont do that but it was tempting!),... I did install a new distributor cap and rotor, wires, plugs. Poor thing had a rusted out exhaust with a no-name can on the end of it, took that rubbish off. At least the Interior is in great shape!

I don't plan on doing any swaps or turbo mods to it. Just wanting a fun little Sunday Funday auto cross car for my local race days, occasionally do hood rat stuff with my friends. So if there's any advice on what I should, or shouldn't do, I'm all ears! Its a completely factory car (aside from an inexpensive Amazon mid-length cold air intake because the factory one was broken all over the place)

I look forward to everyone's responses!