New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

URGENT HELP PLEASE! My key remote battery dies daily.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 04:01 PM
Default URGENT HELP PLEASE! My key remote battery dies daily.

My name is Peters and I'm a new member. Each time I replace the battery in my CAR KEY REMOTE it drains out immediately. Locksmith suggests I re-program the remote as it may be faulty. But I don't wanna end up doing the wrong thing and spend more money in a time like this. I need urgent help please.
Thanks
Peters

Old 08-25-2020, 04:59 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

What problem is it causing you. There's really not much that can be done other than get another remote or get another master switch. Have you taken the remote apart to see if it has an issue? You can go online and look at a video on YouTube to figure out how to reprogram a remote it only takes about a min to do. What year vehicle do you have? Do you have the other remote and if so is it doing the same thing. Those key fobs have a red light on top. Does the light stay on if not then it can be the battery if so then you need another board probably that sits in the remote.

If all else fails and money is tight just don't worry about it until you have the means to fix it. You will still be able to open the car and start it.

Last edited by Seanjordan20; 08-25-2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:05 AM
Default I hope there will be no challenges after the remote programming?

Thank you for your speedy response. I'm very grateful. It's a 2005 Accord. I'm actually using the remote and a spare key as the key attached to the remote got worn and even broken off. So when I re-program the remote, I believe there'll be no challenges?
Thanks
Peters
Originally Posted by Seanjordan20
What problem is it causing you. There's really not much that can be done other than get another remote or get another master switch. Have you taken the remote apart to see if it has an issue? You can go online and look at a video on YouTube to figure out how to reprogram a remote it only takes about a min to do. What year vehicle do you have? Do you have the other remote and if so is it doing the same thing. Those key fobs have a red light on top. Does the light stay on if not then it can be the battery if so then you need another board probably that sits in the remote.

If all else fails and money is tight just don't worry about it until you have the means to fix it. You will still be able to open the car and start it.

Last edited by Peters; 08-26-2020 at 05:08 AM.