Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Another f22 turbo question vtec or non vtec???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Another f22 turbo question vtec or non vtec???

from what I hear, block guards hardly do much of anything, if anything at all, because if the cyl were to rupture it wouldnt rupture where the block guards are put anyway...
but thats just what I hear.

You will need an upgraded fuel system too, high flow fuel rail + injectors, possibly a new fuel pump, ported intake, not to mention youll have to use racing gas (100+ octane) with that level of boost...
upgraded valve springs, a camshaft meant for turbo applications would be optimal, software/hardware to control the ign, fuel, etc, upgraded head gasket, split forged rods + pistons, preferably a racing clutch, along with a lot of other stuff I cant really remember at this juncture in time...

One of my friends is current doing something similar to what you want to do, only on a mitsu eclipse, and only 15ish PSI...
With low PSI (6-7) you dont have to worry about any of that stuff^
High PSI is where the money, and the power is.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:49 AM

this is my plan for the accord now everyone around my way says aww that POS aint gonna beat nothing but i mainly want to scrape my stepfathers mustang its an 2003 gt......ill try to put pics up of my car n the mustang to shbow u what im talking bout....everything on his car i put on for him.....like thew underdrive pulleys,cai,timing adjuster,throttle body and the plenum plus he has full exhaut im thinking he'll run low 13's high 12's and i wantg to be running mid to low 12's is it possible or am i wasting time and money???

Old 12-17-2007, 02:27 AM
debeer
Unregistered

Its a nice plan for the car, but if your only motivation is to beat your stepfathers gt, its a waste of money. Bro, im new to Hondas, but I would imagine you'll end up spending 7-8K easy just to prove you have a faster car thansomeone.

If you really love cars and want to race it a lot and show it at car shows, then I say go for it!

Old 12-17-2007, 11:36 AM

its a nice idea, but one MAJOR thing that REALLY kills those dreams is the racing gas factor... youll be paying a good $4 a gallon for gas, at maybe 15 mpg with those levels of boost.

your better off selling the car and buying a more powerful one, or even buying a V6 and putting a twin turbo on it (now that would be cool)

Old 12-17-2007, 03:56 PM

no its not only to just beat the mustang that would be stupid but it sure will b funny to see his face....its not even that even before my honda i had a 91 supra turbo n he was not leaving me....it was a neck and neck race.....but i like hondas for some reason....i want to BUILD my car not buy it fast......anyone can buy a fast car and hop in and run it but you feel more accomplished when you build it and beat a true sports car with a grocery getter.....u feel me???.....but i was thinkin i was getting a lil bit in over my head and i know i would have to put a good 4-6 grand in the car to be able to compete with the mustang.....n btw nafango in nyc we are already payin $ 3.69 for 93 octane so $ 4 for race gas wouldnt make that muck of a difference lol........

Old 12-19-2007, 02:44 PM

Mustangs have never been "sports" cars. They are barely muscle cars. The GTs barely hold that honor. That was saved for The super sports and the shelbys of years past. Now you wanna talk sports car, try an italian car, there is sport for you.

besides which, the 03 gt has what 260 hp or so? You don't need 450 hp in your accord to beat that. Even with his upgrades your looking at maybe 275 to the wheels or so. The accord is a decent amount of weight lighter, given its fwd and you'll have issues sticking the extra hp to the ground but still, 450 is a little overkill to just beat a gt.

How bout those new cobras with 500hp!? That would be something to beat.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: FarRockAccord

.... beat a true sports car with a grocery getter.....
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Grandma's Grocery Getter!!!!!

ORIGINAL: FarRockAccord

.... in nyc.....
Sweet!!!! I'm in NYC right now!!! I live in northern NJ.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:01 PM

Although I applaud you for your amibitions but I agree with the others.... its a little overkill

You could probably run 10-12 psi on stock internals and Beat the GT.

Also a boosted car that wasn't made for boost is not a good DD especially if you do end up running 20+psi.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:36 PM

I kno wat ur sayin girly...i dont plan on driving it on 20+psi evryday....i got pics of the stuff i got so far.....i got nitrous kit for it too....but thats for l8a when i get the fmi....all i need now is to get the sleeves,rods&pistons,and a good tune......dyno sheets will b posted in the nexx couple of months...