Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

My turbo accord seems to be misfiring!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Default My turbo accord seems to be misfiring!

My accord seems to be misfing at full throttle between 4500 and 5500. I know that one of the spark plug electrodes was chipped when I got it, but it didn't seem too bad so I used it. I'm thinking it might be that.
I still have my stock ignition setup. It just recently started doing this, so I'm not sure what's up.

I want to bring it down to the drag strip friday, so I hope I can get it straightend out!

Old 03-27-2006, 04:33 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: My turbo accord seems to be misfiring!

well i would make sure your plugs are good first....also..REDUCE your gap on your plugs. i think they are supposed to be like 43 thousands, bring that down to like 33-35. then maybe you starting to see a little detonation, you might need to turn up your msd a little. OR you might be overexceeding the duty cycle on your injectors? what does your autometer say when it starts doing this?

Old 03-27-2006, 04:36 AM

if it going lean, then its your injectors.. if there is anything wrong with your plugs though it need to be replaced.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:15 AM

last time I checked, the autometer said rich. I'll have to double check when I drive to school this morning. I meant to pick up another plug yesterday, and I freakin' forgot so I'll have to get one today. I was going to reduce the gaps on them when I bought them since my ignition is stock but I decided to try it this way first.

Should be getting the DSM's soon also. Hopefully by thursday!

Old 03-27-2006, 11:07 AM

Alright, autometer isn't 100% rich. It looks like it bounces between 1-3 bars rich and stoich. Never gets lean though.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:08 PM

its probably that plug then...maybe even most likely.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:09 PM

definately reduce the gap on your plugs though...because the spark has a shorter distance to travel it will be harder to blow out.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:30 PM

yeah, it was that plug. Put a new NGK in there and it's running so smooth again.

I got my DSM's and fuel rail today. The injectors are used, and one of them has a chipped plastic tip. The metal seems ok, so I don't think the injector is messed up, but I'm wondering if the plastic part aids in sealing the injector to the manifold. Should I look for a replacement for that one, or just forget about it? And a quick question about wiring the clips up. The red/black wires (on my stock wire harness for the car) should be positive, right? Or is polarity not even an issue?

Old 03-28-2006, 12:26 AM

good im glad its runnin good again. your gonna tear it up at the strip. without looking at that injector i cant tell you for sure about it. and ill have to get back to you about the wires on the injectors. i just dont want to give you bad information. i do think polarity is an issue though. ill look at mine tonight

Old 03-28-2006, 01:31 AM

awesome, something else i need to keep an eye out on when i know i screw things up ^_^ granted ill be running iridiums so i hope it wont ever be an issue...

Quick Reply: My turbo accord seems to be misfiring!