Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

need ur opinion on f23 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 02:57 AM
ohmthugs
Unregistered
Default need ur opinion on f23 turbo

[&:]i wana know if anyone added a turbo kit on their stock engine. i have 99 accord LX with f23 and wantin to add a turbokit i was wondering what would i get out of this turbokit with my stock engine. can anyone guide me.
thanks

Old 04-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Default RE: need ur opinion on f23 turbo

This site claims 75-100 WHP safely on 8 psi for the f23

http://www.turbo-kits.com/accord_turbo_kits.html

Old 05-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Well, im installing mine in a few days and i did some research and found out that you shouldn't use more than 8psi stock and some 10,11psi with some injectors(ibought eclipse 99 turbo 450cc injectors, they will fit), and a MSD 6AL. the maximum is 12psi, but not recommended. what sir_nasty said is very true, only 8psi and u wil gain up to 100whp. which is a lot for an engine with 150hp stock.... plus, an MSD, catback, Catalytic converter and other stuff like a chip, can give u some xtra power. i've heard thatit couldgive umore or less14.5s @ 1/4 mile! and even more with a few more changes.Well i guess that's all. if u need a list of what i bought, just reply. Good luck on ur update!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2007, 05:46 PM

Definately post the list of items you bought. I also have an f23 that i am planning to turbocharge. Need some info and suggestions so that list will give me a good idea of what I need.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:38 AM

i have a ct26 turbo off an 1993 supra i want to install it but i cant fine any manifold

Old 05-15-2007, 09:49 PM

ok guys, here goes my list:
-T3/T4 hybridturboball bearing
-accord turbo manifold (ebay, only place they sell it, they make them on canada) the slots should go : 0-00-0
-Universal intercooler piping kit(should come with silicon hose andT clamps), universal intercooler (JDM)(can't remember the measurements.)
-MSD 6AL
-eclipse 98 turbo 450cc injectors andfour -10 ohms resistance (radio shack about 4 buck all)
-wastegate 35mm
-greedy type blow off (you may have to weld it)
-oil lines, from oil filter(if you buy thatoil filter sandwich adapterwhich i left the url below), to the top of the turbine(about 52-54in)
-oil drain into canister (return)
-this thing is very useful: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OIL-F...spagenameZWDVW
-Apexi Neo (not necessarily this one)
-auto meter : air/fuel mix
Oil pressure (you'll need some extra copper or braided if it's mechanic)(if electronic, wellsome cable size 14,you'll need it for therest of the gauges anyway)
Boost gauge
Pyrometer (measures the temp of gases coming out of the engine, useul since most turbos can't handle more that 1400 degrees)
-muffler piping to do the downpipe, and 3- 90`degree elbows
-the T3 plak to weld the downpipe into that.
-oh, you will have to sacrifice to washer fluid thing and move an A/C line, (in front on the engine or the turbine will not fit.)
-obviously the switch that controls the boost (which i forgot the name), and comes with a check valve so the air would go in one direction.
-if yo have an AT tranny like i do, then a transmission cooler will be greatly wanted
well, i can't remember anything else, but tomorrow morning ill check my stuff and add what ever i forgot.

Good luck guys!

Old 05-16-2007, 10:14 PM

Great description on the parts list! When do u plan on getting that turbo installed? Are you doing the install or getting a proffesional to do it?

Old 05-17-2007, 02:38 PM

well, im doing most of the work. except for the blowoff welding, since i don't own a welder, and moving the A/C line, since that's a proffesional's work. but you may find most, if not all parts on ebay... that's where i've got them from. well I still can't remember putting anything else on the car so i guess that's all. oh, you may wanna put a bypass towards the map sensor, since it holds only up to 11psi, which is still a lot. Im not putting that on yet. ill begin next monday, since the last parts i needed arrived a few hours ago. well wish me good luck guys!

Old 05-17-2007, 06:07 PM

GOOD LUCK for sure!! Posts some pics and keep us updated on that install. If u don't mind me asking, how much do you have invested in the turbo kit? Also, are you getting your car dynoed and tuned after u install the turbo?

Old 05-20-2007, 12:16 AM

Well, i spent around....$1,850.00 more or less. it's way much cheaper than a complete turbo kit, and this price includes stuff that the turbo kit does not bring. And yes, im going to the dyno whem im done.... ill start this tuesday defenitely. I'll post some pics when im done. ok, thanks for the attention j_man_honda! I'll recomend that you make your car turbo, it's really fun!!!
P.S: (by the way, your car looks awesome! i have some questions about the CryO2) ill ask later.