Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

(READ ME PLWASE) is my honda accord lx (not a vtech)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:31 AM
juanisa11
Unregistered
Default (READ ME PLWASE) is my honda accord lx (not a vtech)

is my honda accord lx which is not vtech worth hooking up? it doesnt take much to make hondas fast but i need to know if its worth installing some parts into this car including some turbo even though its not vtech.. the car only has a air intake the rest is stock and its pretty strong for being stalk

Old 10-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Default RE: (READ ME PLWASE) is my honda accord lx (not a vtech)

first its not vtech its vtec. but in order for us to help you we need to know the year and what not of your vehicle

Old 10-14-2007, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: juanisa11

is my honda accord lx which is not vtech worth hooking up? it doesnt take much to make hondas fast but i need to know if its worth installing some parts into this car including some turbo even though its not vtech.. the car only has a air intake the rest is stock and its pretty strong for being stalk
Stalk isn't a word... And only you can answer if it's worth fixing up. Do you want to spend $2500-$3500 for an engine swap or do you want to spend $1000-$2000 on a turbo???? It's completely up to you. And yes we need a little more info, year, model, miles, etc.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:14 PM
juanisa11
Unregistered

ok its a 94..it has 137000 miles.. the car runs good and it was taken care of really good.. and i was just wondering if i could make it powerful enough even though its not a vtec.. honestly i would rather not do an engine swap if i could make the car fast with the engine it has already

Old 10-14-2007, 11:36 PM

you dont need to have vtec for your car to get faster. if you want alil more power of of you car just go with. intake, headers and exhaust and maybe a pulley kit. since your car has so many miles on it already i really wouldnt recommend you throughing a turbo on there unless you wanna replace some of the old parts.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:31 PM
juanisa11
Unregistered

hey..

i was just wondering.. im buying some headers.. around how much hp will that increase the engine.. and how much should some good headers cost?

Old 10-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

bolt-ons don't produce a lot of peak HP. They allow the engine to get up to high rpm's quicker. Headers will be worth a few HP, but will cost you off the line. I don't recommend headers on a 4-cylinder Honda. Also, if you get them, go with OBX ..... & they are not classified as good, rather the best of the cheapies ...... about $300. A good one (Comptech) will run over $1000.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

J-Man: dictionary.com doesn't agree

stalk1 /stɔk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[stawk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, –noun 1.the stem or main axis of a plant. 2.any slender supporting or connecting part of a plant, as the petiole of a leaf, the peduncle of a flower, or the funicle of an ovule. 3.a similar structural part of an animal. 4.a stem, shaft, or slender supporting part of anything. 5.Automotive. a slender lever, usually mounted on or near the steering wheel, that is used by the driver to control a signal or function: The horn button is on the turn-signal stalk. [/align][hr][Origin: 1275–1325; ME stalke, appar. equiv. to OE stal(u) stave + -k dim. suffix] [/align]
—Related formsstalklike, adjective [/align][/align][/align] Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006. Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This stalk2 /stɔk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[stawk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, –verb (used without object) 1.to pursue or approach prey, quarry, etc., stealthily. 2.to walk with measured, stiff, or haughty strides: He was so angry he stalked away without saying goodbye. 3.to proceed in a steady, deliberate, or sinister manner: Famine stalked through the nation. 4.Obsolete. to walk or go stealthily along. –verb (used with object) 5.to pursue (game, a person, etc.) stealthily. 6.to proceed through (an area) in search of prey or quarry: to stalk the woods for game. 7.to proceed or spread through in a steady or sinister manner: Disease stalked the land. –noun 8.an act or course of stalking quarry, prey, or the like: We shot the mountain goat after a five-hour stalk. 9.a slow, stiff stride or gait. [/align][hr][Origin: 1250–1300; ME stalken (v.), repr. the base of OE bestealcian to move stealthily, stealcung stalking (ger.); akin to steal] [/align]
—Related formsstalk·a·ble, adjective [/align]stalker, noun [/align]stalk·ing·ly, adverb [/align][/align][/align] Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006. American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This stalk1 (stôk) Pronunciation Key
n.[*][*]A stem or main axis of a herbaceous plant.[*]A stem or similar structure that supports a plant part such as a flower, flower cluster, or leaf.[*]A slender or elongated support or structure, as one that holds up an organ or another body part.

[Middle English, probably diminutive of stale, upright of a ladder, post, handle, from Old English stalu; see stel- in Indo-European roots.]

stalk'y adj.
(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved. American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This stalk2 (stĂ´k) Pronunciation Key
v. stalked, stalk·ing, stalks

v. intr.[*]To walk with a stiff, haughty, or angry gait: stalked off in a huff.[*]To move threateningly or menacingly.[*]To track prey or quarry.
v. tr.[*]To pursue by tracking stealthily.[*]To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement.[*]To go through (an area) in pursuit of prey or quarry.

[Middle English stalken, from Old English -stealcian, to move stealthily (in bestealcian).]

stalk'er n.
(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved. Online Etymology Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
stalk (n.)
"stem of a plant," c.1325, probably a dim. (with -k suffix) of stale "one of the uprights of a ladder, handle, stalk," from O.E. stalu "wooden part" (as of a harp), from P.Gmc. *stalo; related to O.E. steala "stalk, support," and steall "place" (see stall (2)).[/align]
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper Online Etymology Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
stalk (v1.)
"pursue stealthily," O.E. -stealcian, as in bestealcian "to steal along," from P.Gmc. *stalkojanan, probably from a frequentative of the root of steal (cf. hark from hear, talk from tell). Or it may be from a sense of stalk (v.1), influenced by stalk<