Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo Charge Whistler

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Default Turbo Charge Whistler

Hey all, have any of you heard about the Turbo Charge Whistler device? It is this tip that goes in your exhaust and when you accelerate really fast, it makes your car sound VERY much like Turbo charged for only $50 or so. Have any of you tried it and if you have, does it effect your car's performance in any way since it closes off your exhuast to a smaller hole so there could be a compression in the pipe? I hope those of you who know about this can help me. Turbo charge is a LOT better but, $4,500 is too much. Thanks

Old 06-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Turbo Charge Whistler

lol yea it really does sound cool. they used them in fast and furious 2 cause none of the cars in that movie were actually turbo but they wanted them to sound like it.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:37 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hey Accord98Retro, you can get them for 20-30 bucks off ebay. Def cheaper then 50! lightshow, a few of those cars actually were supercharged...s2000 was supercharged and the lancer was turbo'd. If you've got the movie they show it in the special features. but I had no idea they used some of those whistlers!

Old 06-14-2006, 11:18 PM

I'm sure they effect performance since they are a restriction in the exhaust. I've heard of ones not bolted down tight or welded down shooting off under high exhaust pressure. But if you're going for turbo sound, go for it.

By the way, you can turbo for WAYY less than 4,500, bro! I did my kit piece by piece for like $1,500. Not telling you what to do, but turbo'ing may still be an option if you want it to be...

I wonder, do they simulate blow off valve sound? That seems to be the sound that all the kids love. (high revving motor sound ) and then Pssshhhh! Ahh what a great sound.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:37 PM

Hey, thanks a lot for the TIPs. I still think $1,500 for Turbo is too much since my car is around 100,000 miles and don't want to waste it. About the blow off valve sound, how does it really sound, like Turbocharged cars or better? Are you certain that 2 Fast 2 Furious uses whistlers? It sounds so real like, even if its $100 it would be worth it. I have dual exhuast, but not stock and I was just thinking if its korny to put turbo-charged sound since it will be very obvious. Haha. But yeah, if you know EXACTLY on how it would effect the performance, please write a few comments. Thanks

Old 06-15-2006, 04:31 AM

its basically something that you shouldnt put on your car. people that know what that sound really means will know immeediately that your really isnt turbo. it does make the blow off sound though. if your car has 100 thousand miles on it then it is almost broken in and it is the perfect time to put a real turbo on it. mbo's car has like a 140 on it and mine has about 260

Old 06-15-2006, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: lightshow
mbo's car has like a 140 on it and mine has about 260
And my car has loved every minute of it so far!
I seriously thought my car would give me problems due to the milage with turbo, but if your motor is in decent shape (no oil burning or white smoke, etc. etc.) F motors love turbos.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:14 PM

If I was you I wouldn't put that on my car b/c everyone is going to think u are a ricer

Old 07-05-2006, 02:32 AM

And everyone would be right for thinking that because you would be a ricer at that point.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:04 AM

no no, if it were just that it would be reeeally on your way to being a ricer, he would still need a missmatched body kit, a coffee can muffler, and under body neons..... like some of the civics in my area lol

Quick Reply: Turbo Charge Whistler