Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Wastin my time even thinking about it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:14 PM
dsknutson85
Unregistered
Default Wastin my time even thinking about it?

So I got this idea like...8 months ago, while I was at work during a smoke break. I had seen this 4 dr. maybe a 98 or 99 Accrod. I just got a short look at the front of the car while it was pulling away, don't know if it was LX or EX or whatever. Anyway, while I was looking at the front end of the car, I had spotted a little tiny intercooler. And I thought to myself "Aww, it's just a little guy"[sm=laughat.gif]. But while I was laughing at the little intercooler, I began to think, "why am I hating?[sm=imsorry.gif], maybe he just wanted a little extra power." And then I began to think of all the times that I would have liked/enjoyed a little extra power in my little 4 cyl. car [sm=headbang.gif](trying to pass someone on the highway going like 80 already, having like a total of 5 people in my car at a stop light, etc). I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my Accord, I bought it from a lady that I worked with in Germany and it only has 74,000 miles on it and it's a 98. It's been in the shop a couple of times, but I'm not looking for another car anytime soon. I don't want to buy another one cause I don't feel like making payments on a car again, I just finished my payments not too long ago. I'm not looking for anything huge, and I'm not trying to be all F&F here, I just want a little extra power in my car for those times when I could use it. So my question is, would it be worth it? How much money would I be looking at spending? [sm=feedback.gif]

Old 03-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Default RE: Wastin my time even thinking about it?

You could put a turbo on there for around $1500-$2000 if you pieced it together yourself, or buy a complete kit for about $3000-$3500 and run 6-8psi of boost, that should give you an extra 50ish HP and plenty of extra oomph when you need it/want it... Either that or put on an Intake ($40), Headers ($180), Exhaust ($200), Lightweight pulley kit (OEM Size, $225ish) and that would be good for around 15-20HP.... There's a couple of thoughts but basically yes, your idea/dream of having a little extra power is totally feasable

Old 03-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Hello New Member. Welcome to the forum and Thanks For joining up with us..you gonna go Turbo now that Sir Nasty told you an easy way to get HP?
Keep us informed if you do!

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-25-2007, 03:24 PM

ya i agree with sir nasty. basically everything he said i have on my car except the turbo. i was thinking about a turbo also but i decided not to waste my money cuz now that im 18 ill end up racing people and getting screwed over in the end