Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

What preperation work needs to be done?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 03:26 AM
Supper Moderator

so just go out and abuse her like a ummm... yeah and then boost her...how will that work vett king?
Iv personally never heard that but I’m not saying it’s not true...

Old 07-25-2010, 11:55 AM

Thats not exactly what i meant...Ive always heard that when a motor is broken in easy, and driven easy, that they shouldnt be driven hard because of the way the rings set, and all of the carbon build up from years of not being blown out...Im not saying driving hard is gonna do anything but clean it out, but it should be cleaned out, before its even thought about forced induction...

Old 08-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I have a 01 accord ex V6 auto, i am planning on turbocharging within the next year. I have read from this thread on the prep i need to do. i have price most of the parts, could you guys tell me if these are good prices and also if i am missing anything i need to do.
Here are the parts- injectors $350, tranny cooler $300, Fule pump $25, msd wires $100, cap and external coil(i dont even know what these are), spark plugs-$10 each, so $60, i know i also need to relocate the batt, i dont know how much that will cost since i dont know what parts i need. Anything else

Old 08-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Supper Moderator

what turbo manifolds are you gonna use??...I have always read its really really hard to boost the v6 accords.
Fuel pump for 25bucks?...ummm no. you need good fuel pump don’t skimp out on parts when your are boosting.

what size injectors are you getting?

tranny cooler??...if you are auto don’t even bother adding more power over stock. You need a manual tranny swap be4 doing this or you will have a non moving boosted car. Honda autos don’t like anymore power then what they came from the factory...you need to rethink your plan bro cus your gonna spend all this money (3k at the min) to boost your accord and then you are gonna have failure after the fact.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Newest Of Newbies

could i do an engine swap for a acura cl manual, then turbo it

Old 08-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Supper Moderator

hummm not all sure what can be swapped in your bay...I don’t do v6's only 4cyl's
Someone else should chime in.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Newest Of Newbies

im actually not going to turbo charge it any more, im going to do headers, Cold air intake, new cat converter and a cat back exhaust, plus a performance chip. can i still do like new injectors, fuel pump, new wires, and spark plugs. can my accord handle all of that?

Old 08-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Supper Moderator

No need for the injectors. The scrap your "performance chip" idea. All the other parts are fine. After you get all your parts installed go get a street or dyno tune tune to take advantage of all your performance parts you added.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Newest Of Newbies

got it, i know how to install the headers, catalytic converter, and cat-back exhaust, is the rest of the stuff pretty basic, or would you suggest having a pro install, and did you say to scrap the performance chip idea?

Last edited by burritotacerson; 08-17-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Supper Moderator

The hardest parts to install are going to be the cat and the exhaust. Everything else is fairly simple. Well it depends on what YOU mean by "performance chip" if you are talking about a Chipped ECU so you can get a tune then that is fine. But if you are talking about a "performance chip" off a website or ebay that says it will give you more HP they scrap that idea. Thos chips are junk and a total scam. Spend your money on parts that actually work. Find a tuner in your area and talk to them..they get you taken care of. Cus I don't deal with v6 engines so I don’t know what ECU you need to run and what not so talk to the tuner and they will tell you what you need.

Quick Reply: What preperation work needs to be done?