Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Alarms + AutoStart

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Default Alarms + AutoStart

I want to know wheres a good place to get an AutoStart with an Alarm. Iv gone to Circuit City and they have a few and other places iv visited do not have both together.

So i want to know wheres a good place to find these (and if its ebay, which one) and get it installed. What are good brands?

And has anyone heard of needing a bypass? Guy at Circuit City told me tht my '97 would need a bypass ($80), but i dont know if he is just trying to rip me off.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Default RE: Alarms + AutoStart

on my 2001 accord ex manual i had a Prestige Alarm system / Autostart.
its the newest model out i think right now.
it cost me 250+150 for install from a friend.

it worked great and if you do have a manual you will need a bypass or transponder to overide
the clutch.

i hear a lot of places right now will not touch autostart with manuals due to the complications
it has done to a lot of ppl and leaving their vehicles in gear then trying to autostart.
car go vroom when no one in it rofl.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:18 AM

So the bypass is only fo manuals? Cuz mine is an automatic. so i must take it tht the guy thought i had a manual or he is trying to make a few extra bucks. i may be goin over there again and set it straight.

i havent seen any tht expensive, but it must work great. the installation at Circuit City should be free, but i also have another guy who said he could do it for $80.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:06 PM

it could be different but then again i could be wrong, i only have expiernce with the manuals because obviously thats what i had at the time hehe.
you shouldnt need a bypass when dealing with an automatic. but again i could be wrong.

and what i advise is that if the dude at circuit city can do it and offer a warranty on it, spend the few xtra dollars to get that peice of mind that if anything goes wrong, its covered.
the only reason i couldnt get mine installed at a shop was because it was a manual and no one would touch it.

let me know what goes down.
and i defin. give ups to the Prestige alarm/auto start kit. definetly worth it.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:53 PM

ive been looking thru ebay and had no luck finding any prestige alarms.there are some good auto starts with alarms, if anyone else is intrested. i do not know which one i am going with yet. im trying to buy multiples of the same kind, but have had no luck yet.

and yes, if i do get it installed at Circuit City i would get the warranty. they are pretty good with it, not too expensive.