Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

For all you gun lovers .....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default For all you gun lovers .....

Check this out ..... funny stuff!!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2083170586

Here's a decent vid ..... no guns here

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=25443165

Old 01-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Default RE: For all you gun lovers .....

Haha! Those Desert Eagle .50 AE (Action Express) are so overrated. Plus the bullets cost like $1 each. I alsodoubt it really kicks that hard. Something is up there. Anyone who has ever held a Desert Eagle before and felt how heavy it is will understand what I am saying. I'd rather a .45 ACP any day. If you really want a big round, buy a .44 Magnum, a .454 Cassull, or a .500 S&W Magnum.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:46 PM

I think the deagle became so popular because of counter strike and ******. Remember when the dudes like, yours says replica mine says desert eagle point five o. classic. I need to get theJAWS to get rent the s&w .500 at the gun range. That thing is a beast! I agree .45 acp ftw. Love my glock 30.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:11 PM

Yeah I agree the movies made it big. If you look at the roud itself it is really mot much bigger than a .45 ACP. A .44 magnum is not quite as big in diameter as a .45 ACP, but it is much longer, allowing it to hold more powder for a bigger blast. The same goes for any magnum cartridge. So the .500 magnum is basicall a .50 AE cartrige on steroids. it has almost as much knockdown force as a 12 gauge slug! That is very impressive for a handgun round.
I want a Glock 10mm (The Glock 20 I think) so bad. A 10mm is basically a magnum version of a .40 S&W. It is comparable to(if not better than) the .45 acp.
I would LOVE to shoot a .500 though! I need to see if the gun range around here allows you to rent guns to shoot. that would be awesome. I just don't need to forget my earplugs! Geez, I shot my .45 once without ear plugs and I though my ears were bleeding it was so loud. Itis probably about twice as loud as my dad's 9mm. I don't see how all of those soldiers don't have more hearing problems. My dad said back in Vietnam they didn't use any kind of ear protection. Even when the howitzers (spelling?) were going off.
Here's a question for today's military guys: do they use hearing protection in training excercises? I could see why they wouldn't....It's not like you are going to have time to put in ear plugs in battle. plus you wouldn't be able to hear things you need to hear. There's yet another reason I have mad respect for military guys. Tough ears!

Old 01-10-2008, 04:39 PM

Desert eagles were my favorite gun on duke nukem time to kill

Old 01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

a have a friend that claims he knows a guy who shot a mag or deagle or something (cant remember what it was) and it broke the dudes nose. Not sure i believe him though.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:09 AM

The s n' w 500 is intense dude. It shakes the place! Whenever somebody rents that I just leave because it gets so annoying! I want to be that annoying person lol.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:49 PM

My ccw in Floridawas a Ruger SP101 with ahot Corbon .357 load.

If any of you want a bit of a thrill, try renting a small, light, .357 mag.revolver at the range. I'd really like to read your impression.

Altoughthe Glocks, Berettas, Sigsand other semi-auto hand gunsmakefunammo-eaters to own and shoot at the range,imo they are not reliable enough for self-protection. I've fired many, and saw many others fire,semi-autos that jammed, stove-piped, and just plain did not re-load. They make nice toy guns, but I would not bet my life on one.

IfI simply had to wear a semi, it would be this one, but with a modified trigger:
http://www.m1911.org/history.htm
Name:  1911.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  44.7 KB

Old 01-13-2008, 03:17 AM

If I cld get a ccw, this is what i would carry

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/ultracarry/

Old 01-13-2008, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Good looking gun here, like that one myself...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: For all you gun lovers .....