Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Attention Accord Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Default Attention Accord Owners

I live in queens new york and already there has been 15 incidents with tire/rim jacking in the early am. Once again leaving my house a 08 accord parked outside on two milk crates and one cynderblock sad story some ignorent poor slobs out there hunting down all those new type of stocked aloy rims even on acuras. Just be aware i know most of you know that but just sending out another lookout Might want to put on those locks. Im going to install cameras in my fonda the honda thats next lol... And yet again it happens in any neighborhood im in a quiet middle class all houses neighborhood. Sucks cause were all white and yes they go for us cause they know were kinda careless... well not so much but yea..

Later scrubs

Old 04-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Attention Accord Owners

Do you have a garage or park on the street? If someone is serious about steeling wheels, wheels locks are worth squat, they carry the keys to most of them. Your best defense is to park in a well lit neighborhood or even better, a garage. If you can't do either, try turning up the sensitivity on your alarm to go off if the wheels are bumped.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 PM

Yea i do have a nice alarm system if wheels are bumped and etc. I have no worries just other people like my brothers who also own accords who are out there without one. No i do not have a garage just have a yard where both parents park there cars such as my moms 07 Acura Tl and the New GMC truck =/

Old 04-28-2008, 12:29 PM

Start searching ebay, craigslist, and local online forums for people trying to sell em. Also, its a good idea to somehow mark your rims in a place most wouldn't look so that if you did by chance find them, you can identify them to the police.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:30 PM

At least a set of wheel locks MAY slow them down or make them want to move onto another car.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:37 PM

people suck.....this is why we dont need more gun control...

Old 04-29-2008, 07:55 PM

Wheel locks wouldn't stop any one I get a wheel lock off in 15 seconds with out a key portable compressor and wheel lock pullers duh!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:24 AM

Spline drive lugs FTW!!!!! If they really want yours, there's nothing you can do, but if they just want wheels, and your are spline drive, they will likely move on to a quicker, easier target. If you do have spline drive lugs, remember to keep the adapter somewhere in the car in case you get a flat. Not many people are going to have the proper tool for you.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:37 AM

What are spline drive lugs? I have Gorilla lugs, 12 have a hex drive and 4 have a hex w/ a spline on every other side.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:43 AM

These are the one's I have, sorry if the pic is huge.

Quick Reply: Attention Accord Owners