Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

banned for spelling it V-TECH

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: banned for spelling it V-TECH

falkore, 6 headers right?

Old 01-10-2008, 10:17 AM

You bet your .....

I have snake oil in my tranny now too!!!!

Old 01-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Almost A Senior Member

ORIGINAL: white95

I'd like to know which forum it was so I can avoid it. I find it irritating that on most Honda forums there is no respect for grammer or punctuation but if you spell VTEC incorrectly you get chased away. I've read posts with valid questions and pages of responses flaming the poster and the question never gets answered.
its not even about that! the person was asked and warned more than 3 times! it doesn't matter about grammer or punctuation at all, its just a big pet peeve to all the honda owners, like nails to a chalkboard, whether you care about VTEC cars or not, at least have common sense right?

and the forum was @ superhonda pretty big deal to those guys i guess, since the whole site is HONDA/ACURA

Old 01-11-2008, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

It's annoying b/c half the cars out there have VTEC on the valve cover and its what Honda/Acura are most known for. If you don't know how to properly spell it by your teens, you're an idiot.
I never knew or cared what VTEC was until I was in my 30's, so I guess I'm an idiot?

This is the kind of attitude that I see on other forums that I find annoying.
Was talking about the spelling of it, not what it was. Don't get your panties in a wad.

I know falkore, just fawkin with ya.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:45 AM

It's annoying b/c half the cars out there have VTEC on the valve cover and its what Honda/Acura are most known for. If you don't know how to properly spell it by your teens, you're an idiot.
I never knew or cared what VTEC was until I was in my 30's, so I guess I'm an idiot?

This is the kind of attitude that I see on other forums that I find annoying.
Was talking about the spelling of it, not what it was. Don't get your panties in a wad.

I know falkore, just fawkin with ya.
I'm old and have kids: my "panties" are always in a wad. [:@]

I read the post:

well excuse me for typing v-tech i dont like puttin it together and besides i was on another site the other day and they was arguing the exact opposite so im sorry my bad.....and umm technically vtech is something the u can put on a non vtech motor...it's not like u have to bye the motor with vtech. like you speak of....please explain where u get i speak like it's a device u can put on a motor.....and i didnt know spelling it v-tech would get me banned thats kinda gay somepeople just dont like running things together when they spell.
...and the guy was being pretty stubborn, but does anyone really think he joined a Honda forum to ask questions about his phone? On the other hand:

it's not like u have to bye the motor with vtech. like you speak of....please explain where u get i speak like it's a device u can put on a motor
I have a lot less sympathy for the guy after trying to read that sentence. My point is that no one wanted to correct him for this. I think that banning him was a little extreme, but I can't take sides after having read the post.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:48 PM

they most likely just banned his IP.
he can create a new account when his IP changes. Most people have dynamic (changing IPs)

Old 01-11-2008, 04:03 PM

I'd ban someone for calling it vtec instead of V-Tech people should get that right.... *L*

Old 01-11-2008, 09:57 PM

Nice...You do good work.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12158/99B8072F22A7495CA3D16A780CCC2DE8.gif[/IMG]

Old 01-11-2008, 09:59 PM

We get it. OK. You both have wads in your panties.[&:]

Old 01-12-2008, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I'd ban someone for calling it vtec instead of V-Tech people should get that right.... *L*
wait.... you would ban someone for callin it vtec? omg.... dont talk about what type of engine you have anymore!
YOU have been BANNED for callin it vtec

Quick Reply: banned for spelling it V-TECH