Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Best pocket bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by crispin
G22 - I think the OP is referring to pocket bikes you are talking about mini bikes - 2 different kinds of bikes.

I bought one from Italy a few years ago - it reved to 23,000 RPM's

I hurt myself on it badly, it would lift the front tire on power alone in the corners - very dangerous. I was on crutches for around 2 weeks. A friend of mine begged me to borrow it, he ended up in the hosiptal and I got the bike back in a box (well what was left of it) I paid around $1,500 for it. It was a Blata like this one

I think they are a ton of fun but really belong on a racetrack not the street, here in teh USA racing them is not popular.

The new breed of pocket bikes (Chinese Knock-offs) I know nothing about but I do see them for sale all over the place. Probably much safer as they do not have the power of the Italian bikes.

OP if it is the Chinese pocket bikes you are looking at they are all the same anyway, 99% are made by the same manufacturer Goka and then private labeled for resale.

nope we are talking about the same thing. my friends just have swapped pocked rockets. 50MPG and still hit 65mph (easy)

my boys bike that has the 250cc engine swap is a beast. you have to push all your weight to the front of the bike or it will come out from under you. that’s even in 4th gear. if you at WOT even in 4th it will 12 o’clock your butt in a heart beat

Old 04-11-2012, 12:13 PM

I really didn't expect this thread to get this many replies haha. But yeah I'm pretty sure it can't be driven on main roads, which I wasn't going to do anyways. I found a few 50cc, about 5 hp bikes that weigh roughly 35 pounds. The Cagllari, GP MX3, and Blade pocket bikes are my top choices at the moment. Are there any trusted sites that I could go to? minipocketrockets and usapocketbikes seem legit, but both have gotten so many good and bad reviews, I don't know what to think of them.
It would be so nice to have a legit Italian one, or one with a 250cc engine. But again, at the moment all I'm really looking for is one with enough torque to climb a hill, and light enough to be carried into class
Does anyone know if any of those three mentioned above are any good? Any advice really is helpful since I'm new to these tiny machines

Old 04-18-2012, 12:08 AM

I had a cagllari a few years ago. They are fun little bikes. Especially since you can completely hop them up with aftermarket parts which is fun and super easy since they are just suped up lawnmower engines. I bought it from minipocketrockets and didnt have any problems. Except I left it out in the sun and the tire bubbled up and I tried to warranty it and they laughed. Basically, it was a blast until it the tire blew up on me. (Dont leave those slicks in the sun). They are pretty decent speed wise. Mine went about 35-40 and im 6' 2 180lbs.

Would I ever buy one again? Nah. Maybe if I had a large amount of extra money. But for that kind of money id much rather put it into my car.

Id like to see someone bore the cylinders and get oversized piston rings in those things. Build a custom straight pipe. No muffler. Make it scream. K&N filter. Racing sprockets. Alluminum parts. Oh yea. Id definetly do all that. :P