Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Can anyone guess what car this came from? (hit and run)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Default Can anyone guess what car this came from? (hit and run)

Make a long story short, last night i heard a car skidding, and take off real quick i didnt know if it was a dream or if it was really happening, so we come outside this morning and saw this. Anyways, can anyone help identify the parts and reflector? It looks like it came from an accord but i picture matched all over google and it doesnt look like one, others have said it looks like a Civic reflector.

Part number for reflector is: 041-5186 L (not sure if the L matters)
I tried looking up the STANLEY part number but it didnt yield any results.
Any input would be apprecaited.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Can anyone guess what car this came from? (hit and run)

Might of came off of an Accord 1993 and older. That smoked plastic around the reflector is reminiscent of the 4th gens. Sorry this happened to you, I know how you feel. I came outside on morning to find my window smashed and my dad came out another time to find a pumpkin smashed through his grille and radiator on his Dakota.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:06 PM

Alright, identified which car this was through another forum as well, a late 90's accord with pop up headlamps :P

like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29

Old 05-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

good job, let the hunt begin[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-04-2008, 07:58 PM

oh crap, you found me
brb mexico

Old 05-04-2008, 08:15 PM

Hunt that guy down and give him what he deserves. He's and idiot for leaving evidence[:@]

Old 05-04-2008, 08:36 PM

Maybe he was drunk... Where was your S10 parked when it happened? Just on the side of the street? If so, I would find it pretty difficult to cause that much damage to both vehicles without the driver being drunk. It looks like he shatter his headlight too.... damn.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:46 AM

Do you have uninsured motorist coverage on your insurance policy? If so, the deductible will only be $200. If I were you, I would just report it to my insurance and move on. I doubt you will find the person that caused the damage. Even if you did, I doubt you would get them to pay anything. However, if you do intend to hunt them down, I hope you are successful. I can't stand hit & run drivers. I'm just trying to save you some stress.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:17 PM

get him!!!!! (or her)... but jon is right... check insurance and move on...

Old 05-05-2008, 11:38 PM

man its just a way of life.just let it go...my accord's front windsheild was hit at my school parking lot with something hard(the glass didn't break but the crack lead through the whole window)...i mean as much as i want to just hunt down the person(insurance company replaced the whole windsheild), i figured what would be my accomplishment?i know they're not going to pay, and FYI even if you do find the car damaged so what?you have no proof. you can't identify the tag, you have no witnesses, and you don't have a camera sitting around so no jury will even listen to your story even if you do find the person, because no a** is going to just confess they did something like that because it IS a criminal offense. I am sorry to hear that about your situation andi sleep in fear hoping something like that never happens to me. But, i'm serious just file a report for hit and run or vandalism,call your insurance company and take it from there. BY THE WAY I HOPE YOU DIDN"T TOUCH ANYTHING!because the police are going to want to see everything..but good luck and sorry to hear about that dude.

Quick Reply: Can anyone guess what car this came from? (hit and run)