Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

cheerleading girl fight

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Default RE: cheerleading girl fight

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

Here's my question though... aside from closing myspace (which would do no good because something would pop up in it's place) how do you stop this from happening in the future?
The best way I can think is to punish these girls with the maximum possible penalties for the charges they get.Make an example out of them. I.e. - If you think you can get away with something like this in the future, here is what will happen to you.

I also agree the guys should be punished for video taping it and allowing it to happen.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:57 PM

Thinking back to my own personal experience (fenix's post made a good point) I was jumped coming out of a fast food place, turned the guy in (doubt they ever caught him) and he was just going to get assault and battery.... Although, because of how widespread this became due to them posting it they may get something far worse...

Old 04-14-2008, 04:15 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

Here's my question though... aside from closing myspace (which would do no good because something would pop up in it's place) how do you stop this from happening in the future?
The best way I can think is to punish these girls with the maximum possible penalties for the charges they get.Make an example out of them. I.e. - If you think you can get away with something like this in the future, here is what will happen to you.

I also agree the guys should be punished for video taping it and allowing it to happen.

I don't think kids will stop and think "Oh, those one girls got in trouble for beating someone up and leaving comments...we probably shouldnt do this"

If anything, it is going to teach them how to be more sneaky about it.
Examples includebviously no video evidence, more verbal hard to prove threats, and more "If you tell anyone about this we will kill you" threats, Posting a comment, then later deleting it. In fact, they could use this whole ordeal as influence "if you do this or that we'll beat you worse than the girl on the news".

The media has to show it all, in fact if the incident hadnt have made it to national news, Dr. Phil would have never bailed her out, and she would be in juvi where she belongs. Same thing with the war and border control. Don't go telling the world its not hard to get in the border or show where/what the military has. I can see that this brings public pressure on the gov't to do things, but sometimes its a little to late and the government is a little to slow.
Sorry for the rant.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:16 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thinking back to my own personal experience (fenix's post made a good point) I was jumped coming out of a fast food place, turned the guy in (doubt they ever caught him) and he was just going to get assault and battery.... Although, because of how widespread this became due to them posting it they may get something far worse...
Sorry to hear that man. I hope he gets what he deserves. Karma.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Sorry to hear that man. I hope he gets what he deserves. Karma.
It was a LONG time ago... I was still in high school and the guys were wasted, I walked away with some scratches on my back from the rocks/brush they blindsided me into but he was to drunk to throw a solid punch.... people love to pick on the scrawny kid I swear... *L*

Old 04-15-2008, 10:06 AM

People also like to try to fight the stronger, more muscular guys too. I had my fare share of that in high school. Mostly a ton of trash talking. Nobody really had the cojones to step up. Only fight I really ever got into was when I was ajunior in college. There was a freshman kid who kept hitting on my wife (girlfriend at the time). He was about 6'6" (no kidding) and was around 250 or so. I had to teach him a lesson he never forgot (I am 5'11" and was about 190lbs at the time.) My fraternity brothers all thought about me a little differently after that haha. Right before I graduated, I actually met the guy in a bar. At first I thought: "Oh crap....here we go again...", but I was wrong. He bought me a drink and actuallythanked me for what i did to him. He said it changed him for the better.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The best part is how they show the mugshots and the kid's names. They should be put in straightjackets and thrown in jail with violent inmates and tell the inmates what they did ..... that should straighten them out! Then when they get out, they should be required to do community service full-time for like 4 years and also hold jobs to pay for the girl's medical bills and reconstructive surgery. The parents should also have to pay fines and be required to do community service since they taught these brats to be how they are. After all of this is complete, the families should be required to leave the state to fully uproot their lives.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

The best part is how they show the mugshots and the kid's names. They should be put in straightjackets and thrown in jail with violent inmates and tell the inmates what they did ..... that should straighten them out! Then when they get out, they should be required to do community service full-time for like 4 years and also hold jobs to pay for the girl's medical bills and reconstructive surgery. The parents should also have to pay fines and be required to do community service since they taught these brats to be how they are. After all of this is complete, the families should be required to leave the state to fully uproot their lives.
I agree 100%. But I know it would never happen[:@]

Old 04-15-2008, 02:58 PM

You two make us sound like a bunch of wild, gun toting extremists.... I think a few of us are anyway... *L*

Old 04-15-2008, 02:59 PM

You two make us sound like a bunch of wild, gun toting extremists.... I think a few of us are anyway... *L*
I know I am [sm=violent053.gif]
"Better to be carried by six than judged by twelve"

Quick Reply: cheerleading girl fight