Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

CJDM98s New toy.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Default RE: CJDM98s New toy.

you know getting hired as anytype of law enforcment can take up to a year, not including the accedmy traing, its one of the hardest jobs to get, but once you get it, you can go almost anywhere

Old 01-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

My major is CJ..Every state varies,I know plenty of cops.And not worried about getting hired.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Vipers4Life

I would like to go to collage since I hear certain towns require you to have collage. But coming from my friend's dad who is a retired bomb squad caption and was also a detective and the vice president of the FOP in Newark says that he knows kids that have collage but are still not getting hired as cops. He said its best to do a trade or have any good paying job while your in the police academy. I myself still want to talk to him about it but thats all I know so far. I have another retired 27 year police caption Im gonna talk to eventually to find out more. Btw degree are you talking about? Cops in general make aswome money with/without collage, plus the pension after.
cops around here start out at 40k a year staies 50k

Old 01-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Parole officers in CT start at 80-90k a year. I want to do something federal though.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:06 AM

Pretty much, every town has a different payroll for cops. Usually, the bigger/badder the town, the more money you will make as a cop. And cjmd, your not making sense to me. You want to be a cop, but your not worried about getting hired? Um please clarify that for me. The only way to get any job is to get hired, you dont just poof into the station with a uniform on LOL. Im not trying to be an ahole or anything but you got me confused on that one.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 AM

He probably meant because he knows pleanty of cops and not worried about getting hired because hes a) already had his name spread around or b) knows people who will put in a good word for him.

You guys are comparing todays hiring practices with retired cops lol. You have to understand that only ago 10 years ago college as important as it is now. You need a college education for just about any job that requires thinking or skilled labor, whether it be a 2 year vocational/tech school A.S. or a 4 year college B.S., minimum.

These cops have been retired, meaning when they were hired the requirements werent as stringent as they are now.

The 2 most important things in getting a job are education and networking, hands down. Its what you know and who you know that can lead you into something great.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 AM

Yes my point exactly,would you hire someone with no post high school education or someone with atleast a AA degree?Dont get me wrong,My dad never went to college(In jamaica) and he is banking with our businesses that we own.
And i know plenty of officers,plenty high ranked,i meant to say.i am not worried about whether or not i will get hired..Its just when.And that when is when i feel im ready

Old 01-15-2009, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: finch13

He probably meant because he knows pleanty of cops and not worried about getting hired because hes a) already had his name spread around or b) knows people who will put in a good word for him.

You guys are comparing todays hiring practices with retired cops lol. You have to understand that only ago 10 years ago college as important as it is now. You need a college education for just about any job that requires thinking or skilled labor, whether it be a 2 year vocational/tech school A.S. or a 4 year college B.S., minimum.

These cops have been retired, meaning when they were hired the requirements werent as stringent as they are now.

The 2 most important things in getting a job are education and networking, hands down. Its what you know and who you know that can lead you into something great.
Retired cops are still in on everything. Just because they are retired doesnt mean they dont know anything anymore. They will still know more than anyone else thats not a cop. And I see the point with high school edu vs. collage/degree. But I can gaurentee that a kid out of high school with a job as a security guard for any job will get hired over a kid with a degree. Thepolice force will want the kidwith the security job has way more experience, rather than a booksmart kid. None of the kidswith degreesarenot getting hired. At least in NJ. Now lets stop ruining your thread and we can continue this in the off topic thread so post in that next.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:44 PM

Got around to taking more detailed(better) pics..Enjoy. Pardon the size

Old 01-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Is that snow?

Quick Reply: CJDM98s New toy.