Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

deal of a lifetime

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:30 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default deal of a lifetime

So i just found a 93 RX-7 with 49k miles for 3500. Engine sounds great, runs fine, never been in an accident, had a rich owner that doesnt care how much he sells it for as long as he get something.
I am F*$&*$ spazing right now. i dont know what to do. I dont have 3500$, and to get it I would either have to A) take out a loan from my parents... which they most likely wont go for... and isnt a good idea ever... or B) sell the accord. I dont know what to do. I mean... a perfect RX-7 (they guy put hundreds of dollars of addons too it too... boost controller, aluminum radiator... etc). Im so torn. What do you think I should do?

Old 11-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Default RE: deal of a lifetime

Find out what the insurance would be first.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:12 AM

Dude you have to tell your parents, "GIVE ME $3500!!!!" If I were you I would do something quick because that deal's not gonna last! Tell them your gonna sell your accord (sorry but i'd sell the Accord in a second for that car) and that you'll pay them back when you sell the Accord. I'd give anything to be in your position... Is it twin turbo or single?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:27 AM

See if you can get a bank loan. Put the Accord up for collateral. Sell the Accord and pay the bank back. I also suggest doing as RTexasF said and finding out how much the insurance will be first. Insurance on that baby won't be cheap until you are either a) 25 years old, or b) married

Also don't tell anyone on here where it is. Cause I would be all over that deal

Old 11-28-2007, 11:27 AM

lol im not.
i cant get a bank loan because im under 18 and have no job. However, i can talk to my parents and say if they lend me the money i can get the job by the end of the week.

And also, insurance is acutally cheaper than my current car, because this car has ABS and side air bags, and my car doesnt have either.

and of course the first thing I would do is put a security system in.

Im guna talk to my parents about it asap... cuz it wont be there for long.
And JMAN ill have to ask whether its a twin or not.. its most likely whatever came stock on the 93 w/ 255hp.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:27 PM

I'll give you a loan at 2%

don't make me send my goons though... that never turns out pretty.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Almost A Senior Member

1.3L twin turbo 255 hp@ 7000 rpm

Old 11-28-2007, 07:37 PM

HOLY $#*%.

turns out the guy was actually a con artist. wow i dodged a bullet there. ANYONE WHOS THINKING OF BUYING A RX7 WATCH OUT! Theres a scam artist thats got one. And it in fact DIDNT have side air bags! he lies too!

oh well. could have been a lot worse than me not getting an RX7.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:22 AM
Almost A Senior Member

ORIGINAL: nafango2

So i just found a 93 RX-7 with 49k miles for 3500. Engine sounds great, runs fine, never been in an accident, had a rich owner that doesnt care how much he sells it for as long as he get something.
I am F*$&*$ spazing right now. i dont know what to do. I dont have 3500$, and to get it I would either have to A) take out a loan from my parents... which they most likely wont go for... and isnt a good idea ever... or B) sell the accord. I dont know what to do. I mean... a perfect RX-7 (they guy put hundreds of dollars of addons too it too... boost controller, aluminum radiator... etc). Im so torn. What do you think I should do?
Saw that coming from a mile away. Priced at 1/5 of what it should be. A rich guy didn't get rich buy not caring how much he makes on the things he sells. Did they even have side air bags in 93? BTW just be happy that your parents gave you the accord.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:47 AM

I was pretty suspiciousat first,but I thought you personally knew the guy like he was a family friend or something.

Quick Reply: deal of a lifetime