Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Diet Time...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Default RE: Diet Time...

add bench pressing to the list my friend...it really helps also...abs is your goal so by running youre doing fine...good luck and just keep up with it, you'll love the results (so will the females)... ps: watch what you eat...dont want to be working out "for free"

Old 02-26-2008, 09:43 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Alright!

I am eating about 1500-1700 calories a day and that includes 1 whey protein shake and 1 muscle milk shake (350 calories w/ water!!)

Old 02-27-2008, 12:39 AM

thats what i was doing with my calories...maybe a bit less but youre good...after a month of this you should step up the protein shakes some more...like im doing 3 to 4 a day now just because i lost a good amount of fat and need muscle to start right up

Old 02-27-2008, 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

I'm also interested in this:

http://www.prosource.net/ultimate-de.../5768-1/13998/
That's the same stack that worked well for me almost 7 years ago. I just figured I would get my wife something different and newer. Plus my wife has tried the Tetrazine before and you have to take too many pills for her to remember (6 pills a day). She still has some left over from the last time we bought it and is taking it now. She has already lost around 10lbs in a week. but that is credited to her eating well and not cheating as much as I do.
I will wait to see my wife's results with the stack I bought her before I decide on one myself.
Monday night I had to go to a work related dinner.Most of the mealwas deep fried (mmmmmmm......deep fried.......) Fried catfish, fried dill pickles (it's a southern thing-don't knock 'em till you try 'em), french fries, cornbread (the wonderful tasting, greasy kind), turnip greens cooked with bacon, cole slaw, pitchers of beer on the table, etc.. Plus it was an open barSo I cheated again I have one of these meetings on the last monday of every month. Every one of them has an open bar.

Oh yeah, and I finally bought some Chantix to quit smoking ($130 - ouch!). I haven't started taking it yet, but I will soon. When I quit smoking I'll join a gym and start stacking creatine with other good stuff.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:17 AM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Cool!
I do the elliptical for about 35-48 minutes every day on the highest setting and lift a dumbell/do ab stuff for another 20 minutes.

I hope I get some sweet results!

Thanks!
You may even want to try cutting down the elliptical time to 30 minutes and bump the weight/ resistance training up to 30 minutes. You don't want to over-train. Don't forget to do those push-ups!

Old 02-27-2008, 10:13 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

You may even want to try cutting down the elliptical time to 30 minutes and bump the weight/ resistance training up to 30 minutes. You don't want to over-train. Don't forget to do those push-ups!
I agree more weight training, pushups, squats, etc.... 19Accord97, how much protein are you getting in each day

Old 02-28-2008, 11:31 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well, the Whey has about 17g of protein and the Muscle Milk has near 40 I am thinking?

Today, after class I am going to buy some resistance bands...dont know really what to get and a calendar to start following the sixpackabs.com 12 week guide.

I think I should bump up the protein but to how much? The whey only has 90 cal. per serving compared to muscle milks 350+. So, should I stop the muscle milk? And how long should I train, or should I just follow the 12 week guide and be good?

Old 02-28-2008, 11:48 AM

If I were you, I would go here: http://www.prosource.net/catalogrequest.jsp
And order a free catalog. This company shows reviews from consumers so you can pick out which product you want to buy.I have the catalog at home and I highly recommend it. What do you have to lose? It's free!
You can buy a lot of the products in there at Vitaminworld or GNC if you don't want to order it online.

if you are tying to build muscle, you'll need to consume around the same grams of protein as your body weight. If your main goal is losing fat, you can eat less protein, but you still need a good bit to prevent catabolism (muscle breakdown.) And as you know, those protein shakes will curb your appetite so they are ideal for losing fat.
I would use the rest of the muscle milk you currently have, then I would switch to a different type.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:55 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Alright, I will order a catalog...I am just running really short on money now. So other supplements may have to wait awhile.

On the job again I see. haha Im in class too. Perfect timing!

Old 02-28-2008, 12:49 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Another question 00

I on the sixpackabs website, I see the reistance training and have watched the movies. It also says you are supposed to follow w/ interval training. I go to the page where it is and the chart only says how long and how often to do it. The thing is, it doesnt say what you are supposed to do for interval training. And these two workouts are what people do on his site to get results in 16 weeks correct? His site is a little spread out.

Quick Reply: Diet Time...