Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Diet Time...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Default RE: Diet Time...

I have no idea about that site. I just know to get abs you gotta do cardio.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:01 PM

You must get plenty of protein to your muscles in order for them to grow, including abs. At the very least get in 150g per day. I get in 200-220g per day due to my body weight. How is your weight doing? Losing any and can you notice your tummy shrinking?

Old 02-28-2008, 11:51 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

I have no idea about that site. I just know to get abs you gotta do cardio.
My bad! I think J_man suggested it!

Old 02-28-2008, 11:55 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

You must get plenty of protein to your muscles in order for them to grow, including abs. At the very least get in 150g per day. I get in 200-220g per day due to my body weight. How is your weight doing? Losing any and can you notice your tummy shrinking?

Ive lost a few pounds. I am hovering around 175 from 180ish. Not really noticing my tummy going down. On Sat. I will begin taking the 3 pills of Hydroxycut Hardcore twice a day. I also plan on start doing the ab stuff on the site you suggested, or whoever that was!

Protein, I'm not even getting 100g per day in. I will really start to up it though. And when should I take it, should I spread it out or do it all after my workout? I dont know how much I could handle before exercising.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Protein, I'm not even getting 100g per day in. I will really start to up it though. And when should I take it, should I spread it out or do it all after my workout? I dont know how much I could handle before exercising.
Spread a lot of it out, but take at least 40 - 50 g an hour after your workout.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Spread a lot of it out, but take at least 40 - 50 g an hour after your workout.
Yeh, drink a protein shake after you work out preferably. And a high protein/low calorie food I always love.... CHICKEN!!! Just go buy the small strips from the grocery store, put em in a pan and fry em up. Its like 3 of the 3" strips have 21g of protein and100 calories. And I could eat about 10 in one sitting. There is 63-70g of protein and only 300-350 calories right there!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 10:12 AM

Chunk light tuna (in water) is also a good source. If youlike tuna that is.Try to get the low sodium kind. Plus the Omega 3 fish oils have recently been proven to increase fat loss. I take Omega3's every day. They are cheap in the vitamin section of WalMart. A recent study showed good fat loss results in subjects who ingested somewhere around 1500 mg of Omega3 fish oil per day - this was in the prosource buyers guide I got. tehre is loads of good stuff in there.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention. The "shredded stack" I ordered for my wife came in yesterday after work. One supplement though (Leukic) I do not think she is going to take. It appears it is supposed to promote anabolism and increase testosterone without messing with your hormones. The last thing I need is for my wifeto start sprouting body hair cause her testosterone increases!- I'll start taking it myself when we join a gym. I already have a hair sweater on all the time anyway. Speaking of.....I need to get my wife to shave my back again....

Old 02-29-2008, 10:23 AM

Just had the bi-monthly weigh in at work. I'm doen another 7.3 lbs since 2 weeks ago. That brings my total weight loss to 22.3 lbs in about 7 weeks from mere diet and exercising with no supplementation. PlusI haven't been exercising much recently. I've been sick, my wife has been sick, the baby has been sick, etc..

Old 02-29-2008, 08:44 PM

161..lol pills must have an effect on me

Old 03-03-2008, 11:54 AM

I am definitely going to try Hydroxycut HC pretty soon. If it doesn't work though I am going to flame the crap out of it. I think 22.3 lbs in 7 weeks is pretty respectable considering I haven't been working out at all and only doing minimal walking/running. Plus I don't want to lose too much weight at once because the women at work will start to give up and drop out of the competition and I won't be able to take their money in November. If everyone stays in the competition I will be looking at nearly $4,000 if I win. So my goal is to keep my weight loss as secret and slow as possible. I may need to start chugging water before weigh-ins.

Quick Reply: Diet Time...