Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Diet Time...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Default RE: Diet Time...

'nother update: 159 lbs. the process of losing weight has slowed down more...dont get discouraged keep going! Protein shake definately helping with building muscle...anyone know how to get rid of strecth marks???

Old 03-06-2008, 11:04 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Arg. My two weeks is saturday and ive only lost a couple pounds.
You must be doing something better than I am! lol

Good job though!

Old 03-06-2008, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: blackex19

'nother update: 159 lbs. the process of losing weight has slowed down more...dont get discouraged keep going! Protein shake definately helping with building muscle...anyone know how to get rid of strecth marks???
Send sir_nasty a PM. He knows something. I still have them from the top of my arm all the way down to the inside of my elbow and some across my chest. But they are almost invisible now. You have to really look to see them. I got them when I was building muscle really fast when I was in high school. The only thing I know of that works is time. My wife tried those "stretch mark prevention" creams when she was pregnant. She put always put them on every night before she started getting big. They were worthless IMO. She still has pregnant stretch marks. She's not going to worry about trying to get rid of them though till after we have baby #2 (not happening for a while.) She doesn't want to spend a bunch of money trying to get rid of them now if they are going to come back again from baby #2.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:25 PM

I have a pretty nasty stretch mark coming up my shoulder in the front from my armpit. I am proud of it though, its my battle scar. I also have a couple on the inside of my thighs. Are you guys mixing your whey protein and muscle milk with water? I just mixed one scoop of my strawberry protein with water and it was nasty as hell

Old 03-06-2008, 11:03 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Yup, I mix both my chocolate whey, and mocha joe muscle milk w/ water.
First, its cheaper then milk and there are less calories. Plus, the two glasses or so adds to the amount I need to consume for taking HH. It was gross @ the beginning but now I am just used to it and think it tastes fine. It seems like no matter how much water or w/e liquid I use in muslce milk it is still gritty and thick. Awww well.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:43 PM

chocolate tastes best with water IMO...but yeah i mix it with water...once in a great while ill do it with milk...i remember in high school my stretch marks eventually disappeared so maybe i have to wait again...push it as much as you can when you workout...think about the results, that's a big motivation for me...cant wait till we get to summer, i should be pretty fit by then

Old 03-07-2008, 08:17 AM

Yeah I remember I always used to mix my stuff with milk. Then I tried it with water and I thought it was pretty nasty. When I start taking supplements again though, I am going to start out only using water. That way I won't get used to the way it tastes with milk. I usually alwayschugged it anyway. I don't think I ever found asupplement that I enjoyed "savoring." Although, if you use a blender to mix it, be ready to be stuck drinking it for a while. When I used to do my NotroTech in a blender it would make tons of air bubbles in it, making it impossible to chug.I guessthe chocolate NitroTech was never "vomitably" bad though. I still thought it was pretty bad...

Old 03-10-2008, 07:38 PM

Well since ive started my diet and cardio last monday im down from 200lbs to 197lbs. Ive been pushin myself hard doing HIIT(high intensity interval training)cardio and regular running/biking. I ran a total of 11 miles in the past week. Ive also been training abs for 20-30 minutes everyday. I can notice my stomach getting smaller and i cant wait for my lil "pooch" to be gone around my waist[:@]

Old 03-10-2008, 07:58 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

My problem is my diet.
Curse you delicious foods fried in oils and other amazing artery clogging joyous creations.

Maybe Ill do it the lazy way. Get super fat, then qualify for the lapband system.[8D]jk!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

Time in lifting isn't nearly as important as a schedule/sets/reps for what you want to accomplish. Generally speaking if you want to build mass and strength do more weight and less reps (like 3 sets of 4 reps with enough weight to seriously tire you) or if you want tone and weight loss use less weight and more reps (like 3 sets of 10-12 reps with just enough weight to tire you out). I usually did a 3 day rotation, arms and chest one day, legs the other, and back/abs the third.

Now as for scheduling you can either do something like... (as for which ones the best I have no idea...)

Day:
1) Arms
2) Off
3) Legs
4) Off
5) abs
6) off

or

1)arms
2)legs
3)abs
4)arms