Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Diet Time...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Default RE: Diet Time...

ORIGINAL: accrd94ex

1. Upper Body/ Jogging
2.legs/ Jogging
3. Abs/ Jogging
4. off
then repeat and repent no just kidding only repeat
Nah, you need to do abs atleast 3x a week cause they recover quicker than other muscle groups. Just do them for 15-20 minutesafter your normal weightlifting... More like

Sunday-Cardio(30 minutes)
Monday- Back, Biceps, Abs(15 min. of Cardio later in the day)
Tuesday- Chest, Triceps
Wednesday- Abs, (30 min. of Cardio)
Thursday- Shoulders, Legs (15 minutes of Cardio)
Friday- Rest or (abs, cardio if you like)
Saturday- Rest or (abs, cardio if you like)

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

My problem is my diet.
Curse you delicious foods fried in oils and other amazing artery clogging joyous creations.

Maybe Ill do it the lazy way. Get super fat, then qualify for the lapband system.[8D]jk!!!!!!!
Why is it the problem? Just resist temptation man. Are you running at all? Just count your calories and eat plenty of chicken, turkey, ham, fish, etc. to keep your protein up. Also, cut out sodas and sweet tea and drink water with every meal. That will save you 300-400 calories a day easily. NO HAMBURGERS OR FAST FOODS EITHER!!!! You must give up all the greasy processed crap.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:56 AM

Once you give up the fast food for a while it is super easy to turn it down. When I was around 17 I went for more than a year without eating at a McDonalds or other fast food joint. When I finally went to eat at McDonalds, it was so heavy it tasted gross. I couldn't even eat it all and I wanted to puke. However, before I recently started my diet I could easily put down one of those "2 Big Mac Meals" they used to have every now and then. Supersize it? You bet your @$$. If they didn't have the 2 Big Mac meal I would usually get a 10 peice chicken nugget meal and a double cheesburger on the side.When my wife was pregnant, she wanted McDonalds every day. Then at night she would buythose tubes ofcookie dough and chow down on them. So of course, i had to chow down on the cookie dough too. She couldn't drink of course, but I would still put away probably 5 or so beers every night after work. If I played golf on the weekend, there goes a case of beer in an afternoon. No wonder I gained more weight than she did. I ate everything she ate, plus I added beer on top of it!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

L. O. L. Jon.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:27 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I dont eat fast food anymore! I havent been out to McDonalds or w/e since January when I started this!
Though I have been to TGI Fridays twice. Then my bday and my sisters bday are coming up! Along with my moms. So I better watch that!

It seems that at night I have huge cravings. The HH is reducing them during the day, then before I go to bed I have to eat a sandwich or something. Sigh. I shall work on it.
Well, off to workout I go!

Old 03-11-2008, 04:45 PM

I have ridiculous cravings at night too. but during the day I am fine. Just got to try to stay away from eating a bunch at night. Try eating a grapefruit at night. Somehow grapefruit is supposed to boost the metabolism leading to greater fat loss. I don't know why, but my wife is a dietician and she knows about crap like that

Old 03-11-2008, 05:21 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

lol

Sucks for me because I can't stand grapefruit. They literally make me want to vomit.

I am going to start trying the SF Optima shakes a little before I go to bed at night to stop cravings. The SF Optima snack/meal bars didnt do anything but the shakes do. And the chocolate one if amazingly delicious in my opinion!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:20 AM

I'm about 5'6 and weight exactly 200 lbs as of last night. I've got a diet planned out that consists of splitting my meals up so I have a small meal about every 3 hrs. I also stopped eating out and cut out anything fried. With this I lost about 1lb in a week. Starting today I'm going to start working out. The only problem I'm having is I'm not sure how much weight I should be doing when I'm lifting. My muscle strength is about average and I've been told that if I lift too much weight I won't burn as much fat. I have sort of a mini home gym at home which consists of a bench press, an ab lounge, and a rowing machine(not sure if thats what it's really called but you pull the bars back and then push out) and then I have a set of dumballs. And on the cardio end I plan to walk/jog 2 miles a day. My short term goals are too lose about 20 lbs by the end of May and 30-40 by July. Using the machines I have, can you guys give me some times on workouts I can do, including the weight amounts and how many I should do?
Thanks In Advance..I can post pictures up later if its necessary

If this is some kind of thread jacking, sorry, I would be glad to start my own thread if it's a problem

Old 03-12-2008, 08:25 AM

And by the way more about my diet.....I've been eating a lot of fruit and drinking one glass of orange juice and one glass of milk. Another question I have is it ok to drink one cup of coffee a day, or should I cut that out too? I also drink as much water as I can in a day and have yogurt or fruits in between meals if I get hungry. My doctor told me I eat about 1700-1800 calories a day to lose weight safely.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: tcheema

I've been told that if I lift too much weight I won't burn as much fat.
First of all, it sounds like you are off to a good start! You are eating healthy now and that is the first step.
The quote I put above is one thing I wanted to comment on. It is COMPLETELY FALSE. Whoever told you that has no idea what they are talking about. You should lift the heaviest weights you can lift without hurting yourself and using the proper form. The more weight you lift, the more calories you burn. End of story. So in essence, the opposite is true of what you were told. You will actually burn MORE fat if you lift more weight.

One cup of coffee a day is fine. Even more than one cup is ok. Just don't use sugar and stay away from the cream.

Be sure you set aside at least one day every week to cheat on your diet too. Go out and eat whatever you want. Cheat days shock your body into making your metabolism speed up. You will wind up burning more fat that you would have if you hadn't cheated. Just don't cheat more than once a day and don't go overboard and get into a lard eating contest or anything. On my cheat day, I will go out to eat at a chinese buffet or a mexican restaraunt and pig out.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:45 AM

Haha I like the idea of a cheat day. I'll probably make it a weekend day so I can drink when I go out. My friends have this beerlympics thing going on next week over Spring Break but I'm probably gonna drop out cuz beer is going to kill my diet. But anyway my bench doesn't incline so I was wondering what's the difference between an doing exercises flat and on an incline?

Quick Reply: Diet Time...