Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Diet Time...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Default RE: Diet Time...

Yeah I always make my cheat day on the weekends. Actually I have been cheating too much....more like Friday night, saturday night, and some on sunday, but I know it is holding me back from my full weight loss potential. Ihave lostalmost 25lbssince January 7. I probably could have lost 35 or 40 if I hadn't been cheating as much.

Incline bench works upper chest and some shoulders (and of course triceps are worked as well). Flat bench works more in the middle chest region along with triceps. Decline bench works the lower chest more and triceps even more.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 PM

As Jon said incline, decline, and flat presses just hit you chest from different angles and work other muscles also. Your chest is really one muscle(well each side anyway). It doesnt have different sections to it that need working like biceps or triceps. So doing any of the incline or decline settings will really all affect your whole chest area and your triceps and front deltoids. Its good to change it up once in a while too to keep your body guessing.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:57 AM

Actually the chest is made up of the Pectoralis Major and thePectoralis Minor. the Pectoralis Majors are located onthe front of the rib cage. The Pectoralis Minors are located underneath the pectoralis major muscle, attaching to the coracoid process of the scapula and originating on the middle ribs.
The general consensus is that incline bench adds the most visible size to the chest by working the upper portion of thepectoralis majorand making it grow larger than the middle or the bottom portions of the pectoralis major.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

Actually the chest is made up of the Pectoralis Major and thePectoralis Minor. the Pectoralis Majors are located onthe front of the rib cage. The Pectoralis Minors are located underneath the pectoralis major muscle, attaching to the coracoid process of the scapula and originating on the middle ribs.
The general consensus is that incline bench adds the most visible size to the chest by working the upper portion of thepectoralis majorand making it grow larger than the middle or the bottom portions of the pectoralis major.
Oh yeah, i forgot about that. Update: I am down to 195lbs as of today. Ive lost 5lbs. since last Monday when I started this diet. I can definately notice my upper 4 abs are more defined as Ive been working my abs very hard during this cut. I still have my lil "pooch" area but I think itsthinning outthough. I hope when I get to 185lbs. that I can see all 6 abs clearly and have very low body fat%. Im not cutting below that, because thats just getting toothin for my 6'2" frame. And ill probably start bulking up to 215 as soon as summer isover[8D]

Old 03-14-2008, 10:14 AM

^ congrats!

I actually gained 1.4 lbs on this weigh in at the company. But it is actually part of my strategy. All the women in the office have been getting discouraged since I have been losin so much weight. So I wanted to gain some to keep them all in the contest and putting their $ in the pot so I can take it in November
I'm going to joina gym soon with the money I am saving from not buying cigarettes anymore. When I start lifting hard, I'll probably not lose much weight for a while. Then I'll start chugging water befoee weigh ins so it looks like i didn't lose much. Then in the last month or so, I will seriously cut weight and those women won't understand what happened or where their money went

Old 03-17-2008, 05:39 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Weighed in @ 175 today. Probably because I havent eaten much.
I am almost done w/ my Hydroxycut so I ordered a bottle w/ 210 capsules.

Part of the problem I am thinking is that I havent really been taking the HH 30-1hr before meals, but I do take it right before working out. I am a little stronger already thoughso that may have to do w/ the lack of weight loss, but not by much! And my stomach is slightly smaller.

Still am sucking @ getting protein. I get roughly 105 grams after my workout but dont get any on my days off.

And where can I find those chicken strips you guys were tlaking about? Are the precooked, breaded or what? I looked all over @ Wal-Mart and couldnt find any!

Old 03-17-2008, 05:42 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Oh yeah, when you guys take HH before meals does it make you poo?! It must be somewhat like Alli and block fats.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:55 PM

If your lacking protein just buy a tub of this: http://www4.netrition.com/champion_whey_stack_page.html... 2 scoops= 46g of protein and only 260 calories, theres 71 scoops in each tub. I wouldnt recommend strawberry though because i have it and it doesnt taste very well with water. Just look for chicken filets or turkey filets in the meat section of Wal-Mart or local grocery store. Just throw em on a frying pan and theyre ready in no time. They have plenty of protein and not many calories.

Have you been running, biking,or anything? Im telling you, cardio works wonders. Jogging a mile in 11-12 minutes burns 190-200 calories.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:28 AM

In WalMart the precooked grilled chicken breasts taste pretty good to me. But I think they cost more and they have a ton of sodium (makes you retain water.) In my WalMart we have these freezerbins with no topsout in the middle of the aisle next to the meat section. The pre-cooked chicken breasts are always in one of those bins when I get them. I usually buy the WalMart brand uncooked chicken breast fillets though. I think they are around $7 for a big bag of like 5lbs or so. i usually cook them like j_man said. Sometimes I season them with Mrs. Dash grilling blends (either mesquite or chipotle) and slap them on the grill. That is only if I feel like firing uo the charcoal though, which is not all that often anymore. if you slap them in a frying pan like j_man said, there isn't really any need to season them. they already taste pretty good like that. Sometimes I cube ti up before cooking, then I cook it till it looks done, then I throw in some stir fry vegetables you buy in a bag in the frozen vegetable section of WalMart for like $1. Serve that over rice and it's a good meal with low calories, high protein, and good carbs. Sometimes I use brown rice if I have the time to cook it (nrown rice takes longer to cook.) Sometimes I throw some light soy sauce (I know, it's loaded with sodium which is bad) and some wasabi to "kick it up a notch." I wonder if Emeril will sue me now for using his saying.......bam!.....bam! Wasabi! bam! soy sauce! bam! garlic!hahaha

Old 03-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Que pasa!!!! I'm in Chicago!!! I can't get on here too much, but I'll try when I get back to the apartment! I've been trimming down some while I'm here because I'm hardly eatting ... not unhealthy, just very little. A pack of oatmeal for breakfast, PBJ for lunch and a can of soup for dinner. I'm a little hungry most of the time, but lately I've been too lazy to make anything more extravagant. Still taking my vitamins, so I'm ok there and the gym at my apartment is better than NYSC! I have a 75 ft lap pool and a whirlpool in my building!!! Also a huge steemroom with a vestibule so it doesn't loose all the heat when someone leaves. I should check out the sauna today after work ..... oh yeah, did I mention that I love my 10 minute commute vs. the hour and a half from NJ to NYC? I'll try to catch up later ..... I actually have a lot of work here!!!

Quick Reply: Diet Time...