Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Diet Time...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Default RE: Diet Time...

Wait a minute....so you changed jobs?
Steam rooms are awesome. That is one thing I miss the most about my gym when I was 15-17. Steam rooms really help you feel better and take some of the soreness away I think. Unless some fat guy comes in there and removes his towel and sits right in front of you naked......then it is NOT awesome[:@]

Old 03-19-2008, 08:31 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Have fun in Chicago!
I was just up there checking stuff out a bit.

Never been in a steam room....everytime I see one I think of Seinfeld and decide not to use it! haha

I will look for that chicken or w/e next time I am @ wally world!

Old 03-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Nah ... same job. My company doesn't actually have an office in NYC. My office there is the Javits2 design office ..... there are about 8 or 9 companies in it. I'm working in my company's main office until April 18th. Since the Javits project is going pretty slow right now and they need tons of help here, I'm here for a bit.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:36 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hey guys!
Update! I am still going back around in the mid to low 170's but I have built some muscle in my arms and when I "felx" my stomach it feels pretty firm underneath my belly! So I am pretty excited about that! Plus I think my stomach is a little smaller. My mom has noticed the muscle in my arms so chyea![8D]

I plan on starting to do more cardio on my days off.
I am on week 4 of my workout, and the next week starts the Hypertrophy stage as there is more focus on the lifting aspect.

Got a new bottle of Hydroxycut Hardcore. Do you think that if you dont drink the recommended 10 glasses of water a day, it becomes less effective? Anyways, it really does give you energy and make you less hungry.
I bought 5 lbs of super creatine from wally world!
Is it okay to take both that and the whey protein?

Old 03-28-2008, 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Hey guys!
Update! I am still going back around in the mid to low 170's but I have built some muscle in my arms and when I "felx" my stomach it feels pretty firm underneath my belly! So I am pretty excited about that! Plus I think my stomach is a little smaller. My mom has noticed the muscle in my arms so chyea![8D]

I plan on starting to do more cardio on my days off.
I am on week 4 of my workout, and the next week starts the Hypertrophy stage as there is more focus on the lifting aspect.

Got a new bottle of Hydroxycut Hardcore. Do you think that if you dont drink the recommended 10 glasses of water a day, it becomes less effective? Anyways, it really does give you energy and make you less hungry.
I bought 5 lbs of super creatine from wally world!
Is it okay to take both that and the whey protein?
Yeh, newb gains are awesome arent they... When I first started lifting at age 17, I put on 20lbs.in 2 months of mostly muscle. I didnt even eat differently.

Yes whey+creatine is fine. Even though your whey protein already has a small amount of creatine.

My update is that im down 11lbs to 189. Im in the 4th week of my diet/cutting routine. Ive been training my abs hard and can really notice them more and more. Been running about 2.5 miles a day. I push myself pretty hard while running and have gotten very dizzy a few times. I think im also getting tendonitis in my achilles tendon because the back of my ankle(achilles) really hurts after i run and i have to ice them after i finish.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:45 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

^ Dang man!
20 lbs of muscle in 2 months?! You must have been lifting like crazy!
Good job on the weight loss! Dont pass out though! I need your motivation for cardio.

Tomorrow I will be getting another 30lb dumbell, another reisistance band, and some fruit to make some concentraded whey shakes in a blender. I am seeing some really exciting results in my arms! Nothing scary[8D]but def. pleasing! I also have my msucle back in my legs from when I rode my bike all the time, and my stomach is harder than before when I flex it. Still working on my beer belly though!

00Accord, hows the HH working for you? I think this stuff really does suppress appetite and helps fat move through your system.

Also, I was watching Oprah (yeah, I tune in every once n awhile) and the Dr. Oz guy said to help lose weight, eat one piece of 100% whole grain bread with olive oil on it before dinner. Gonna have to test it out.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Administrator

WoW Jon DuBose...I'm thinking that maybe we should start calling you Chef DuBose...pretty good explanation of how to take care of that there chicken...liked your directions on how to cook...made me hungry

Thanks to the Chef

WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-02-2008, 11:35 AM

Creatine + whey together is better for you than taking either alone. The creatine probably says to "load" it (take it 2x per day for the fist week.) Do it. it helps saturate the muscles with creatine. If I were you I would mix the creatine with white grape juice (better transport to the muscles via insulin spike.) Please don't tell me you are diabetic though...if you are, you'll need to talk to a doctor, not me.
I would take the creatine immediately following the workout and take the protein around 1 hour after the workout.

I have not taken any HH yet.
I am having to work on my strategy now for the company weight loss deal. My goal is to keep all of the participants involved as long as possible. i don't want to keep losing a ton of weight rapidly, because I see the women are getting discouraged. that may mean they will quit participating, meaning less $ for me in the end. So far I am winning the competition and I am pretty sure everybody knows it. So every weigh in everybody asks me how much I lost. A month ago I gained 1.4 lbs on purpose in an attempt to make it look like I was slacking off. But many of the women gained a pound or two as well. This weigh in (monday) I had lost 2 pounds from the last weigh in (I weighed 218.0 on Monday.) I am still kind of skewing my "official" weigh in though by pigging out the night before. My average daily weight on my digital scale at home has been about 215.
I am about to join the YMCA though. i called them today and they can watch our baby while my wife and I work out after work. my wife will start taking HH next week. her office competition ends on May 1. She's lost about 15 lbs I think since the beginning weigh in two months ago. Her prize is not as large as mine (hers is around $600 if she wins it all and mine should be close to $4,000 if everybody stays in.) So far she is neck and neck with another woman she works with, so hopefully the HH + working out at a gym instead of simply walking will get her well ahead of everyone else.

Thanks Ang. I started cooking when I was in college cause I got sick of eating fast food and I needed to savewhat littlemoney I had for booze and bar tabs on the weekends[8D]

Old 04-02-2008, 10:59 PM

Haha... Those women in that competiton dont know what they're in for. 00AccordLX5spd is playing them big time

Old 04-03-2008, 12:10 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

That creatine is nasty stuff man. Thumbs down big time! lol My sister is diabetic, so lucky for me I can take it!

^ hehe Just what I was thinking J_Man! Hes gonna be getting some easy $$$

Hey 00, you should put some rolls of coins in your pockets or wear a hat with some heavy things in it! OOOORRRR! If you wear a shirt w/ a front pocket, get an old cig pack, take out the cigs, and load some other stuff in there! Every bit will help right?! Or some slim ankle weights. Fill your wallet with coins.
If you win...I want my 10% cut! haha[8D]

Quick Reply: Diet Time...