Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Diet Time...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Default RE: Diet Time...

Haha yeah I have thought about that stuff ^. I think when I start lifting heavy again I will probably gain a little though.I am going to be taking a ton of supplements. I'll probably be taking: Hydroxycut Hardcore, Leukic (I already have some - I have seen mixed reviews - some good and some bad), Nitro Tech hardcore (or something similar), Cell Tech hardcore(or something similar), and something like N.O. Plasmacore or Fusion Force (Both in the new "N.O." supplement category - this stuff was not on the market back when I was lifting and I am very interested in trying it out.)

j_man - feel free to give me any suggestions on supplements that have worked for you recently. I'm just getting back into the supplement game and I don't feel like I know much about all the new stuff yet.

Haha after I join the Y I'll update and let yall know how weak I have become. I am not looking forward to seeing how bad it has gotten

Old 04-03-2008, 09:48 AM

FYI: here's a link to a site I ran across that will give you a round about figure of how many calories your body burns every day: http://www.wvda.org/calcs/mcals.htm
Someof you may find it helpful if you are counting calories. Remember - 3500 calories = 1 lb of fat. So technically, if you are able to burn 3500 calories per day more than you eat, you should be able to lose 1 lb of fat every day.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

The creatine probably says to "load" it (take it 2x per day for the fist week.) Do it. it helps saturate the muscles with creatine.
Instead of loading chalk-like creatine, I'd highly recommend the GNC TRAC. It is Argentine supplemented creatine and the Orange flavor, while not great, isn't bad. You only have to chug down a coffee cup full of it and it will give you a bit more energy than a cup of coffee (no sir_nasty, not more than a cup of the espresso tar that I drink in the NYC office!). Also, every dose IS a loaded dosage and it is time-released so more can absorb into your body and it doesn't build up and get toxic like regular creatine can.

TRAC FTW!!!

Update .... since I've been in Chicago, I've lost 12 lbs. I think it's from working out more due to not having much else to do (that and reading a ton about my Scion). Also, I'm having much smaller dinners and eatting at 6:30 as opposed to 8:30 back home .... it's nice to not have to commute, but kinda boreig during the week ...... and I miss driving my car, which is going to be a whole new beast when I get home! Sways are being delivered today, poly master kit next week, a new S-pipe, crank pulley and I havea set of Proxy4's for when I get home. My mechinist friend will have all the parts in for me so it's just waiting for tires and an alignment. Also I found a place to get a new 3rd brakelight to replace the stupid stock one with an OEM look alike that lights up the full 20" instead of only the middle 6. I have some major plans for this car, you thought I did a lot to the AV6?Can't wait!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

and I miss driving my car, which is going to be a whole new beast when I get home! Sways are being delivered today, poly master kit next week, a new S-pipe, crank pulley and I havea set of Proxy4's for when I get home. My mechinist friend will have all the parts in for me so it's just waiting for tires and an alignment. Also I found a place to get a new 3rd brakelight to replace the stupid stock one with an OEM look alike that lights up the full 20" instead of only the middle 6. I have some major plans for this car, you thought I did a lot to the AV6?Can't wait!!!
Hurry up and add the supercharger or I vote for you to be banned from HAF.
Quit wasting your money on cosmetic mods! Supercharger or ban!

Old 04-03-2008, 11:03 AM

Wasting money? I plan to show this car and also have decided to turbo instead of SC since I've been reading about some major problems with the TRD unit. First, the centrifugal design gives it lag just like a turbo .... made worse by adding intercooler piping. Also, they have major problems with keeping it sealed. .... so I plan to turbocharge it and make a custom top mounted intercooler to make the Seibon CF reverse cowl hood functional. The biggest problem is that the d@mn open differential can't get much power to the ground as is. An LSD for my car is a $2000 investment! ..... and [sm=WTFsgign.gif]!!! The stuff that's getting done now is all performance and handling .... not to mention that my tC will already spank your F23!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:02 PM

calm down.
LSD and turbo or ban

Old 04-03-2008, 12:26 PM

calm down.
LSD and turbo or ban
In layman's terms00AccordLX5spd is saying:" pour at least $6000.00 into your car or ban.... even though my 95 is a mostly stock money pit...."

Old 04-03-2008, 12:51 PM

LOL .... yup, that seems to be it. .... actually, I plan to, but the $6000 takes time ..... and that's a good price for what I plan to do with the controls. Luckily I can get the custon welding done cheap. Hey Jon .... how long has the rustang been sitting in the garage waiting for you to have a daughter and for her to grow up so it can get fixed?

Old 04-03-2008, 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

calm down.
LSD and turbo or ban
In layman's terms00AccordLX5spd is saying:" pour at least $6000.00 into your car or ban.... even though my 95 is a mostly stock money pit...."
falkore24 = not married, no kids, high paying engineer job
00AccordLX5spd = married, mortage, 5 month old, up to eyeballs in debt from med bills etc.., low paying Mississippi claims adjuster job

falkore24 - $6k should be easy to swing. LSD & Turbo or BAN
P.S. the rustang would still beat the crap out of the TC. Possibly even when the TC has turbo & LSD

Old 04-03-2008, 01:40 PM

Fatty= Broke college student still recouping from the $1500 spent on my audio system. Wish I had the money to continue.[sm=boohoo.gif]

Congrats on the dieting guys! I haven't been to the gym in 8 months due to a shoulder injury. I'm getting surgery in june, so hopefully I'll be back at the gym by late august.

Quick Reply: Diet Time...