Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Diet Time...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Default RE: Diet Time...

Just for the record, I also think you are insane for wanting to lose weight at your size. Your BMI actually should be normal (even though BMI is crap.)
If I were you I'd just join a gym, work out, drink plenty of water, and don't eat junk food. If you do those things, the small amount of fat you may have will quickly melt off as you build muscle. You may actually gain weight. My ideal body weight (not from BMI, I've been at my ideal body weight and rippedbefore)is about 180 and I am 5'11".

Old 01-31-2008, 04:25 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Heres a crappy pic when I was working out. For the heart rate monitor your hands have to be on the I guess "resting bars" instead on the moving stick things.

I am assuming that I am really out of shape since my heart rate was that high! The last time I really really exercised was in track exactly a year ago.

As far as the BMI goes, I think it is more accurate in my case as I dont have all that much muscle i.e I dont weight lift. Anyways, I am trying to lose my beer belly. And I actually have one, im not just saying it! Though it isn't from beer. Probably from stress. I think thats where the majority of my fat is stored because my dad has a belly too, and my legs and arms arent really chubby or anything. In fact a girl next to me in statistics was like "nice belly hahaha" a few days ago so yeah! I usually suck it in when I walk around.

Plan
Vitamin World has a special where once a month, whatever you buy they will give you another of the exact same item for free as long as it it the Vitamin World brand, so I plan on doing that. What should I get besides Whey Protein? How/when should I use it?

I plan on buying one of those ball things 65mm and doing the 12 second sequence work out (on oprah!)

How should I use the Slim Fast Optima I have?
If I were to do the 5 meals a day, what is an appropriate portion size, what should I eat, and what times?

Should I try to lose weight first, and then gain muscle? (Hopefully abs)

Any other advice =

[IMG]local://upfiles/3187/0D9806E8561E45BD98DB31423C53CBAF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-31-2008, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Heres a crappy pic when I was working out. For the heart rate monitor your hands have to be on the I guess "resting bars" instead on the moving stick things.

I am assuming that I am really out of shape since my heart rate was that high! The last time I really really exercised was in track exactly a year ago.

As far as the BMI goes, I think it is more accurate in my case as I dont have all that much muscle i.e I dont weight lift. Anyways, I am trying to lose my beer belly. And I actually have one, im not just saying it! Though it isn't from beer. Probably from stress. I think thats where the majority of my fat is stored because my dad has a belly too, and my legs and arms arent really chubby or anything. In fact a girl next to me in statistics was like "nice belly hahaha" a few days ago so yeah! I usually suck it in when I walk around.

Plan
Vitamin World has a special where once a month, whatever you buy they will give you another of the exact same item for free as long as it it the Vitamin World brand, so I plan on doing that. What should I get besides Whey Protein? How/when should I use it?

I plan on buying one of those ball things 65mm and doing the 12 second sequence work out (on oprah!)

If I were to do the 5 meals a day, what is an appropriate portion size, what should I eat, and what times?

Any other advice =

Definitely do not try to lose the weight first, then gain muscle. Every ounce of muscle you gain will begin to burn the fat off on its own.

Portion size: if you go for 5 or 6 small meals a day - Each portion of protein, carbs, etc should be about the size of the palm of your hand - example - 4 oz chicken breast and a small baked potato
Protein shakes replace a meal
Eat every 2 hours or so. DO NOT skip breakfast either!
I don't know the nutritional values on the limfast optima, but I imagine you could drink it in replacement of a meal as well.

If you want to build muscle, the best Creatine on the market when I was taking it was called Cell Tech. It works. I believe VitaminWorld made their own brand of it. Just ask them about it when you go. if you get some, mix it with white grape juice and drink it immediately after you lift weights. The grape juice aids your mucles in absorbing the creatine.
Drink the whey protein an hour after you finish your workout. No sooner than that - timing is everything with creatine and protein. I used to take Nitro Tech for my whey protein.It's made by the same people that make Cell Tech.
One thing I have always said about supplements: "If it tastes good it probably doesn't work!"

Old 01-31-2008, 04:45 PM

In fact a girl next to me in statistics was like "nice belly hahaha" a few days ago so yeah! I usually suck it in when I walk around.
Sounds like this girlneeds a dirty teabagging.
You know what you should have said back to her after she said "nice belly"?
"Ditto. So how far along are you?"then proceed to rub her belly and say: "Oohh feel those kicks? He's gonna be a soccer player!"

Old 01-31-2008, 04:47 PM

My Advice, Work harder, Eat that same amount just eat more healthy. i never beliaved in stravation to lose weight you just putting unnessacry stress on your body, your body needs the enrgy if you working it. And dont worry about WTF BMI says. As Long you can look at yourself and honestly say to yourself your happy with the way your are, that whats counts the most. BY the way another tip WATER, WATER, and more WATER with some green tea (sry couldnt resist) Your can do it as loing you put your miond to it. GOODLUCK.

PS- LOL nice one 00AccordLX5spd The word "ohhhhhh" just came out of my mouth for like 10 seconds

Old 01-31-2008, 04:49 PM

Green tea must be good for you cause it tastes like crap[&:]. maybe I should try it out haha!

Old 01-31-2008, 04:50 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

Plan

Any other advice =

Definitely do not try to lose the weight first, then gain muscle. Every ounce of muscle you gain will begin to burn the fat off on its own.

Portion size: if you go for 5 or 6 small meals a day - Each portion of protein, carbs, etc should be about the size of the palm of your hand - example - 4 oz chicken breast and a small baked potato
Protein shakes replace a meal
Eat every 2 hours or so. DO NOT skip breakfast either!
I don't know the nutritional values on the limfast optima, but I imagine you could drink it in replacement of a meal as well.

If you want to build muscle, the best Creatine on the market when I was taking it was called Cell Tech. It works. I believe VitaminWorld made their own brand of it. Just ask them about it when you go. if you get some, mix it with white grape juice and drink it immediately after you lift weights. The grape juice aids your mucles in absorbing the creatine.
Drink the whey protein an hour after you finish your workout. No sooner than that - timing is everything with creatine and protein. I used to take Nitro Tech for my whey protein.It's made by the same people that make Cell Tech.
One thing I have always said about supplements: "If it tastes good it probably doesn't work!"
Ill def. be keeping this handy for reference. Thanks man! Once I find out the buy 1 get one free date I will head in there and ask about the Creatine. So what is the difference between whey protein and creatine?

About her...that would have been a great comeback! lmao But I dont think my college has a policy that allows students to teabag other students....or do they.....?

Old 01-31-2008, 04:53 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

The water is also a great idea...ill begin to work on that as well.

As far as the green tea goes, Ill try it. I dont mind green tea and since I dont like coffee (Though i do like coffee stuff like mochas and freeze things) ill have that. I have seen Green Tea pills with and w/o Hoodia, so maybe Ill check those out as well.

Thanks guys! I really want to stick with this.

The 5 meals a day seems pretty inconvienent ecspecially with classes and all that. I shall see though.

Oh yeah I have a bottle of a 2 day diet (lose 5 lbs) what do you guys think about kickstarting my diet with that? Though I would prefer to not be stuck on the toilet all day with the trots.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:55 PM

So what is the difference between whey protein and creatine?
I'll probably get it wrong if I try to explain since it's been sooooo long since I studied up on it. Basically protein is what your body needs to fuel your muscles. Creatine is something your body produces in small amounts anyway. it helps the muscles recover faster as well as strengthen them to allow them to grow better. Your body doesn't need creatine for your muscles to grow like it needs protein, but creatine helps the muscles grow faster than protein alone.Make any sense? Maybe not. I used to know exactly how to answer this question but my 4 years of"college activities" have obviously erased some memory or brain cells.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:00 PM

Creatin is designed mostly to gain muscle size, typically it helps retain a bunch of water.... Lots of arguments about this stuff but I've used it with good results (for size) however they say that you should rotate on usuage, use it one month, then off it for a month....

Protein is pretty self explanitory, just fuel for the body, helps with weight loss, muscle gain and all around good health...

Heart Rate: if you are monitoring it from the eliptical then I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if it was reading wrong, heart rate monitors on most home machines (even gym ones) are traditionally messed up and misread....

Quick Reply: Diet Time...